Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Any word on Kiffin's interview with UH?

I watched an interview with Kiffin, by the SEC Network, Saturday night after the game.
The reporter asked him, "Are you interviewing with Houston or considering LSU".
He said, point blank, "None of that's important. The only thing that's important is the next two games".
So, again, I don't think he's gone, and if he is, it's going to be after the playoff.
Personally, and I'll say it again, I don't think he's leaving.
And again, get the crow ready, cause I'll eat it if necessary.
I also believe that he is staying through the playoff, but that comes with no real knowledge - just having heard what he said. So, for me, it is just a guess.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I also believe that he is staying through the playoff, but that comes with no real knowledge - just having heard what he said. So, for me, it is just a guess.
A guess for me as well, UNLESS, you consider that everyone on the planet has Kiffin leaving except Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Well the Houston Buyout is little too much... I'm sure they will work it out where it benefits both party.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Wait, Houston is thinking about the offensive genius Les Miles???

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

A guess for me as well, UNLESS, you consider that everyone on the planet has Kiffin leaving except Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin.
Are you saying that you don't think he's leaving at all? You have hit some inside straights before, but, as of now, he's not just gone, he's done been gone. However, as a CYA, he was fired last year and ended up getting a year's extension...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Given that he bolted from UT for "greener pastures" and that he has NFL experience, a sizable buyout seems appropriate.
They know that If they wanted Kiffin and Kiffin wants them, then they will work out a compromise that suits both side. I don't know if Houston wants to invest long term into Les Miles.. I would expect something to happen soon to where its not so bad.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I watched an interview with Kiffin, by the SEC Network, Saturday night after the game.
The reporter asked him, "Are you interviewing with Houston or considering LSU".
He said, point blank, "None of that's important. The only thing that's important is the next two games".
So, again, I don't think he's gone, and if he is, it's going to be after the playoff.
Personally, and I'll say it again, I don't think he's leaving.
And again, get the crow ready, cause I'll eat it if necessary.
From what I've been told he's done at Bama, but after the playoffs - even if he gets the Houston job...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Well the Houston Buyout is little too much... I'm sure they will work it out where it benefits both party.
Possibly - Houston might dig their heels in. They're tired of being a stepping stone, but that's what they are (and will continue to be unless / until they become a P5 program)...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I don't have a problem with the perimeter stuff being used early to wear out the defense later in the game.

My issue is Bo having 3 huge runs to get us to the 8 yard line, then 3 incomplete passes and settling for a FG.

Exactly. There is no excuse for that.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

If Houston is smart, they will agree to no buyout as long as the school doesn't have to pay one if he's let go.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Are you saying that you don't think he's leaving at all? You have hit some inside straights before, but, as of now, he's not just gone, he's done been gone. However, as a CYA, he was fired last year and ended up getting a year's extension...
I have no real info. I just think if he was going to be gone that he already would be gone. It's nothing but a hunch, and I've said all along, I'm ready and willing to eat the crow.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA

I've read thru this thread, followed game threads, and love watching Funnymaine asking Kiffin to "run da bawl". However, just for another side of it... be careful what you wish for. I think LK has done a great job with Jalen and letting him learn from his mistakes. Of course, it takes a mindset like Jalen has too, but LK basically trained him on the job all the while knowing he had an all world defense behind him. Les Miles handcuffed so many quarterbacks at LSU that when they needed to pass to win, they were inept. Didn't have the game experience in doing it. When something bad happened throwing, here comes the Bo Schembechler 3 yards and a cloud of dust, or 1 yard when playing Bama. Jalen, and thus Alabama, is much better off having lived through the ups and downs of trying to be more than a running QB instead of someone who just hands off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.