2016 College Football Awards Thread

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Iowa beats Alabama and Ohio State for the Joe Moore Award for best OL.
They must be good...I thought this year's OL was better than last year's. Our shuffling at RG may have hurt us, but in the end Kirvan has been outstanding. Sure hope Shank gets well and can play pro if he desires...he looked huge at Senior Day -- and that was without pads.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They must be good...I thought this year's OL was better than last year's. Our shuffling at RG may have hurt us, but in the end Kirvan has been outstanding. Sure hope Shank gets well and can play pro if he desires...he looked huge at Senior Day -- and that was without pads.
I thought it could have gone to either Alabama or Iowa, but would have bet on Iowa because they just awarded it to Alabama last year, their first year in existence. Appearances probably gave Iowa the edge at the end of the day.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
What a joke. I'm glad Bama has a couple winners now (don't like the statue idea) but, I'm sick and tired or this award. Basically ESPN dictates the winner and they picked LJ back in week 1. I'm not sure the voters even watch the games, they just catch the highlights on Gameday Final.

Seriously, this award is a joke now. Just beat up on cupcakes and it's yours. You lost 3 games, no big deal, those were tough opponents so we'll just ignore them. The so called "best player" literally fumbled a game away and still won this stupid award.

But, but, but on paper he is the best. Yep, never mind the actaul on field results.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
To preface my post - this award went downhill ever since they gave it to the rapist....

But regarding this year......it just seems like we didn't have much to pick from who individually really stood out - above everyone else (shrug).

I also feel the award shouldn't be awarded until after we anoint a national champion team.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Darren Rovell posted earlier you would've had to bet $3k on Jackson just to win $100 on the transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Lamar absolutely deserved the Heisman, it was just anticlimactic Heisman race. If 30 Passing TDs, 21 Rushing TDs, 3,390 Passing Yards and 1,538 Rushing Yards aren't Heisman worthy then I don't know what is.

Did Tebow not deserve the Heisman because Florida was 9-3? Did Bo Jackson not deserve it because Auburn was 8-3? It's an individual award.

That said, I would have gave it to Watson but, he struggled at times too, would've loved to see Allen get it but hey, it is what it is.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.