FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

Follow

Cole Cubelic
✔@colecubelic

Wouldn't wish this on anyone.....

• rbr opWhen a young man decides to play middle linebacker, he dreams of stuffing the iso play on the goal line, popping the fullback in the chest with a slobber-knocking force that has the poor lead blocker crumbling to the ground as he wraps up the ball carrier at the line of scrimmage and tosses him over the remains of his fallen teammate in what amounts to a real-life Oklahoma drill. That play is old school, smash-mouth football at its finest and the guy they call Mike lives for it.
    That is, unless the fullback happens to be a 320-pound freak of nature with bad intentions

No word on whether a GoFundMe page has been set up for that linebacker's emotional recovery.
    Moving on, if there was ever a time requiring Saban to work overtime to keep players from reading their press clippings, this is it. As usual, nobody turns a phrase like Cecil:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
I posted this yesterday, I'm reposting for the commentary and great content in piece:
CECIL HURT: Playoff will determine Tide's prowess-tn/rbs
Star Wars fans have depleted the supply of Death Stars. The crushing snakes - pythons, anacondas, boa constrictors - all done. So are the vehicles, from Sherman tanks to bulldozers, or the natural phenomena from avalanches to tsunamis. All of history's fiercest hordes - Mongols, Huns, kindergarteners half-crazed on sugary Kool-Aid - have been applied to the Crimson Tide.
There aren't any more comparisons left to make, and there is no sense in coming to Atlanta and going to that cute metaphor shop in Virginia Highlands to find one because they've closed, their location turned into an organic coffee shop with philosophy-major baristas because the neighborhood only had three and needed another.
They're all gone. All that's left for Alabama now is one game, perhaps leading to another game, in which Alabama can either prove it is the multitude of mighty things which it has been called - or not.
I'm not ashamed to admit that I spit coffee at that second paragraph, but he's not far off here. The hyperbole is in overdrive for this team, and the bulk of it is justified.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
College Football Playoff early picks, predictions: Will Alabama run the table? - CBSSports.com/rbr
Why Tom Fornelli (and many others) are picking Alabama to win it all: All season long, while there was speculation about which teams would win their conferences and which teams would work their ways into the playoff, there was always one constant: Alabama. The fate of Alabama was never in doubt because there hasn't been a doubt that Alabama has been the best team in the country all season. Now, that doesn't mean the Crimson Tide are invincible -- when facing two of the three other best teams in the nation, of course there's a chance the Tide can lose -- but we don't think they're going to. The best team all season will be the champion at the end of it, too. That would make Alabama the first 15-0 team in 119 years.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Sarkisian will fill 'same role' vs. UW as every other game-247/rbr
Sarkisian’s name has also been thrown around as a possible replacement for Lane Kiffin if the offensive coordinator elects to leave for a head-coaching position -- he is reportedly interviewing for the Houston vacancy today, and Saban is helping him to do that. But Saban’s comments on Sunday suggest Sarkisian -- at least for now -- won’t have to do that. Asked if he would remain in Tuscaloosa if the Tide reached the playoff after its 54-16 win over Florida on Saturday, Kiffin responded, "Yeah, I hope so. If they let me," according to AL.com’s Matt Zenitz.
$35k? Working under Saban, no way that equals minimum wage. In any case, Saban seems to believe that Lane will be around for the playoffs. Fingers crossed.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.