No surprise, Fournette declares for the draft

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Zeke doing so well in the NFL may get some team to overdraft at tailback because the NFL is not a league for original ideas. Of course, that team will likely not have drafted 4 pro-bowlers on the OL over the last several drafts to setup for that high pick featureback as Dallas did.
Yeah, if you want to run the ball, build an o-line. Pretty much any NFL quality RB will have success behind a great o-line.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Don't get me wrong, I think Zeke is the best back we've seen since McFadden in 2007. Gurley is the only one since that comes close in my opinion. Fournette didn't really get an opportunity to shine against us for stuff out of his control. Of course, OSU's OL did as good a job against our defense as any we've seen lately too...couldn't affect Jones, couldn't limit effective runs from Zeke even when we did get a body on him because they were creasing us well.

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
Whew! Thank goodness. Those 50 yards he has put on us the last 2 years makes me glad to never see him again. 😀

Nah seriously, phenomenal back. Best of luck to him.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
It's unfortunate that he sustained an ankle injury in pre season camp that plagued him all year. Making it worse, Miles ran him when he wasn't healthy because he was miles' security blanket. I would not call him injury prone. No injuries in high school, none in his freshman or sophomore years. The draft experts have him going in the first, Kiper has him at #2.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It's unfortunate that he sustained an ankle injury in pre season camp that plagued him all year. Making it worse, Miles ran him when he wasn't healthy because he was miles' security blanket. I would not call him injury prone. No injuries in high school, none in his freshman or sophomore years. The draft experts have him going in the first, Kiper has him at #2.
Count on it, and condolensces...he'll probably get drafted by Cleveland. :(

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Nothing in the letter about only playing on days when the team has a chance and the rushing defense stinks on ice?

Seriously, good luck to LF7 and I hope he does as well in the NFL as everyone expected he would do in college.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Never feel sorry for him and LSU. He made a choice. Much respect but that's it.

Plus, their fans are the worst ever!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
Oh I enjoyed the process.

Shouting 'don't take the hand off Leonard its just gonna hurt your average' at the television.

Followed closely by 'told you' [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Talk about going out quietly. Fournette started off with a bang and ended with a silent thud.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Is it only me or do others feel that Fournett is not that great a RB? I'll explain. Last season we had Derrick Henry. Every team knew we would be running him mostly through the middle, but running him we would be. However, few teams stopped him and he dominated overall. With Fournette, most teams knew LSU would be depending on him and run him a lot. However, the better defenses like Bama stopped him in his tracks with minimal yards for the game. The NFL Ds are a bunch better than Bama's D, so how will Fournette do at the next level? I don't see it myself. To me LSU's #5 is a whole lot better than Fournette in the long run.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
He is great when running through a hole 3 yds wide so he can truck a DB 30 yds down the field and make a highlite film. Halfway kidding but DH definitely had the better career.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Now we know the real reason that he skipped their bowl game: Coach Oeaux.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/lsu-tigers-leonard-fournette-citrus-bowl-nfl-draft-ankle-skip-ed-orgeron-020417

“To be honest, it really wasn’t my decision,” Fournette told NFL Now Live. “My coach brought me into the office. He told me ‘You have a lot on the line.’ He didn’t want me to play. I cried like a baby. It was hard for me. That was my first time not really traveling with the team and I couldn’t play in a game with my brothers. I’m going to miss them.”

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
There won't be any backlash from this because it's not Nick Saban. You can bet they'd never let it go if Saban did something like this. People still give him crap for how he left Miami.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
He would have won a Heisman at Bama without question. But he thought he could do all of that AND win a national title at corndog U. Yea right:biggrin: I'm glad we missed on him, he definitely didn't seem like the kind of player we want here because he did seem like "it was all about him". When your first TD of your career is flagged because you do the Heisman stance, you kind of think pretty highly of yourself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.