Tracking Underclassmen's Intentions for 2017 NFL Draft

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Stewart (according to an ESPN quote) said he received a second round grade but hoped to improve that at the combine. I don't know if he could have improved his status to a first round grade if he came back. But my train of thought is with a WR like Stewart, getting a 2nd grade is the best case scenario for him, but he will likely go in the third round. I just don't see a franchise using a first round pick on him. But you never know what teams are going to do on draft day.
yep getting a second round grade and actually getting drafted in the second round are 2 very different things. good luck to all of our guys.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Stewart (according to an ESPN quote) said he received a second round grade but hoped to improve that at the combine. I don't know if he could have improved his status to a first round grade if he came back. But my train of thought is with a WR like Stewart, getting a 2nd grade is the best case scenario for him, but he will likely go in the third round. I just don't see a franchise using a first round pick on him. But you never know what teams are going to do on draft day.
He's a very, very good wide receiver but I'd project round four, maybe three. As good as Adarius is, he doesn't have that explosive "Wow" factor, plus he's not a big body. I wish him the very best. He's been a great player for Bama.
I really don't think it would have benefitted by coming back.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
He's a very, very good wide receiver but I'd project round four, maybe three. As good as Adarius is, he doesn't have that explosive "Wow" factor, plus he's not a big body. I wish him the very best. He's been a great player for Bama.
I really don't think it would have benefitted by coming back.
Can't say I disagree. Unless he was going to be the featured receiver and clock in 100+ catches and over 1,000 yards receiving he can't improve his stock. If I'm looking at the last two games there's no way I'd chance coming back either. Remember, AS got dinged up this year. It's gotta play with your head. Start your career healthy and bust butt for a generational type wealth second contract. He'll at least get a shot which is still pretty awesome.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't see Stewart going any earlier than round 3, and probably round 4. I have no idea how someone gave him a 2nd round grade. For his sake, I hope that I m wrong because he has clearly made up his mind.

From his comments today, it seems that he is also worried about the physical nature of his game at Alabama. He is asked to do a lot of blocking because he is good at it, so takes a lot more abuse than most receivers.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
LSU WR Malachi Dupre announces he's heading to the NFL.
He had a terrible year. Going into the season he was projected as the top Jr WR, but now he will be lucky to go in the top 4 rounds. I'm glad he is going, we needed to get rid of some of the Miles pets who didn't work hard and still played because of potential.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't see Stewart going any earlier than round 3, and probably round 4. I have no idea how someone gave him a 2nd round grade. For his sake, I hope that I m wrong because he has clearly made up his mind.

From his comments today, it seems that he is also worried about the physical nature of his game at Alabama. He is asked to do a lot of blocking because he is good at it, so takes a lot more abuse than most receivers.
I think he also had other things on his mind that I can completely understand.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He had a terrible year. Going into the season he was projected as the top Jr WR, but now he will be lucky to go in the top 4 rounds. I'm glad he is going, we needed to get rid of some of the Miles pets who didn't work hard and still played because of potential.
When it was openly spoke about how many LSU players in the past were looking more to their draft stock than winning and how that was going to change in the past off-season, I had one of those moments where I wasn't sure it was an "uh-oh" for LSU fans or an "ah-ha" for the players.

Guess it was an "uh-oh"

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I cant blame the guys for going with millions on the line. All 3 of course could get better, especially Hump but if somebody takes him within the 1st two rounds i cant blame him.
Lattimore is probably the only CB that pro scouts will grade higher than MH. Legitimately 5-6 teams have CB or secondary as their #1 need. He'll go in the 1st round unless there is some other reason on draft night that emerges which is always a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
When it was openly spoke about how many LSU players in the past were looking more to their draft stock than winning and how that was going to change in the past off-season, I had one of those moments where I wasn't sure it was an "uh-oh" for LSU fans or an "ah-ha" for the players.

Guess it was an "uh-oh"
This is a fair statement. Miles was clearly a players coach, and he had great success putting players in the NFL, but the vision for winning by the players seemed to take a back seat to individual success. I'm hoping that changes with O. He knows he has to win and win big to keep his job.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I cant blame the guys for going with millions on the line. All 3 of course could get better, especially Hump but if somebody takes him within the 1st two rounds i cant blame him.
All three of these guys played great games for Bama, and all three will get paid well to play the game next year. I wish them all well.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
A couple of things I try to point out every year to those who don't follow NFL as much, especially draft related.

Draft grades are not like mock drafts. Where in a mock drafts you have it laid out in 32 picks, you could have 40, 50 players or more with first round grades. The same for 2nd, 3rd, etc...

So when a player gets a 2nd round grade (like Stewart), he could be graded out behind so many people that when the draft comes he isn't picked until the 4th round. It could also work the other way, as each team has different needs/evaluation.

Saying all that, in my opinion I don't see any way Stewart is drafted in round 2 unless he kills it at the combine.

I also agree with those that say Humphrey isn't ready, but it's going to have very little effect on his draft grade.

If I'm being completely honest, and taking off any resemblance of crimson glasses, I think both Marlon and Cam are being drafted on name/potential and not on actual tape. I think Cam CAN be a dominant player but he's been so sloppy this year it would be hard for me to pick him as high as some projections have him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
A couple of things I try to point out every year to those who don't follow NFL as much, especially draft related.

Draft grades are not like mock drafts. Where in a mock drafts you have it laid out in 32 picks, you could have 40, 50 players or more with first round grades. The same for 2nd, 3rd, etc...

So when a player gets a 2nd round grade (like Stewart), he could be graded out behind so many people that when the draft comes he isn't picked until the 4th round. It could also work the other way, as each team has different needs/evaluation.

Saying all that, in my opinion I don't see any way Stewart is drafted in round 2 unless he kills it at the combine.

I also agree with those that say Humphrey isn't ready, but it's going to have very little effect on his draft grade.

If I'm being completely honest, and taking off any resemblance of crimson glasses, I think both Marlon and Cam are being drafted on name/potential and not on actual tape. I think Cam CAN be a dominant player but he's been so sloppy this year it would be hard for me to pick him as high as some projections have him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Biggest thing working in Cam's favor is the weak offensive line class. If he goes in the first round it's almost by default. OTOH, the CB class is deep so that's kind of working against Marlon..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.