Tracking Underclassmen's Intentions for 2017 NFL Draft

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The most likely candidates: Cam Robinson, Marlon Humphrey, and Ardarius Stewart. CamRob is the most likely to leave, he's going in the first round. Hump may go if he gets a good grade. Stewart probably should come back but he had a really good year so who knows...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I just think he is frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well considering what happened in the second half, I wouldn't be shocked at Stewart leaving... Staying another year to deal with it isn't going to help his draft stock. I just hope Ridley doesn't think about transferring as well.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Well considering what happened in the second half, I wouldn't be shocked at Stewart leaving... Staying another year to deal with it isn't going to help his draft stock. I just hope Ridley doesn't think about transferring as well.
Stewart had a good year, so I could see him trying things out. But I would hope that these young men understand what all was going on in the second half and commit to working to improve this team. Stewart did his part all year but truth is the WR corps didn't have its best night on Monday, either. Let's all take a deep breath.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Stewart had a good year, so I could see him trying things out. But I would hope that these young men understand what all was going on in the second half and commit to working to improve this team. Stewart did his part all year but truth is the WR corps didn't have its best night on Monday, either. Let's all take a deep breath.
Personally, I think he made the right choice.

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017
ArDarius Stewarts planning on leaving for the NFL. How do y'all this will hurt us next year, especially with Hurts development as a passer.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
A little surprised by Stewart but maybe he got good news about his draft status. May also want to avoid more injuries. Best of luck to him!

Gore will posibly start at another school and may even garb a scholarship, makes perfect sense.

I get foster as well, maybe he needs a fresh start. Was passed by two true freshman this year seemingly. Best of luck to him (depending on destination.)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Stewart already had his degree. He probably figures next year Ridley will balling out for his own draft stock too. I was not surprised by the news but don't exactly agree with the decision. He's pretty raw in a lot of ways as a WR, I thought another year would really help him in the draft. At either rate I'm never gonna fault a guy who got his degree done first.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Ridley is a year away from being an NFL player. He's not going anywhere...expect a big season from him in 2017.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I just assumed Marlon was gone based on mock projections, so I'll just keep assuming that. And if he doesn't it will be a pleasant surprise. Injuries can happen any time, but I think all the broken body parts in the late part of the season will tip the scale for him.
I think you just nailed it.

In fact, just read an article where he is heaping praise on DeShaun Watson "after watching tape of the game"...

Which some might say is an attempt to explain the struggles he had in the game...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Stewart already had his degree. He probably figures next year Ridley will balling out for his own draft stock too. I was not surprised by the news but don't exactly agree with the decision. He's pretty raw in a lot of ways as a WR, I thought another year would really help him in the draft. At either rate I'm never gonna fault a guy who got his degree done first.
Ideally, I would agree he should stay. But there are always a lot of contingencies in the stay or go move. In this case, the biggest contingency is Hurts ability to improve as a passer and our coaching staff commitment to an offense that will emphasize talents of our WRs, which I think is a little more questionable than in the past. Our issues with passing didn't materialize just over the last 2 games. Before Stewart can adequately be showcased as a receiver while at the same time competing with Ridley for catches, Hurts would have to improve substantially in his passing and the coaching staff would have to demonstrate high confidence in his new found skills. That's a pretty large contingency IMO from Ardarius's point of view.

The fact we are even mentioning Ridley as a transfer risk ought to tell you that there is some real questions for the development of the offense going forward. As I have stated in previous threads I think the 10 carries per game given to Hurts will impact our recruiting at the other skill positions. That's a lot of touches that would normally go to receivers and backs over the course of season. Touches for the skill players is equal to or more important than yards before you start giving me stats about Hurts passing yardage this season.

If Hurts doesn't improve and Ridley doesn't transfer, Ridley is likely having to rely on his freshman tape to impress scouts. That potential would get me to evaluate my options too.

This is why some of us on here believe this is a risky move for our program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Where's the talk about Ridley transferring coming from? It doesn't make any sense. 1 more year at Bama then he's off to the NFL. Why would he transfer considering he'd have to sit out a year unless he went FCS?

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017
Where's the talk about Ridley transferring coming from? It doesn't make any sense. 1 more year at Bama then he's off to the NFL. Why would he transfer considering he'd have to sit out a year unless he went FCS?
I agree. Why would you leave a wait 2 years to go to the NFL. Especially with the talent that bama has and the room for growth for Hurts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.