Tracking Underclassmen's Intentions for 2017 NFL Draft

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Maybe Humphrey has a nice long career, I hope so, but to me he needs another year. He's nowheee near ready. Lots of talent, lots of mistakes as well. Hopefully he's not another washout like Milliner.
Has Milliner already washed out? I don't follow the NFL that closely. That's sad if that's the case.

I'll wish all these guys well, but I do hate to lose Stewart and Humphrey. Cam was a given.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I'll probably get busted for this, but he (Humphrey) really hasn't impressed me much. It sure seemed like he gave up a lot of passes. Although you can't defend them all.
He had games where he was unstoppable. The void will be filled, though.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Some thoughts from an NFL draft scout on Humphrey

Glad these guys are coming back

Looks like Ardarius got a 2nd round grade. I hope he goes in the 2nd round but I'd be surprised if he did

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Maybe Humphrey has a nice long career, I hope so, but to me he needs another year. He's nowheee near ready. Lots of talent, lots of mistakes as well. Hopefully he's not another washout like Milliner.
Dee didn't have a season in the NFL where he wasn't injured. That's what caused him to be cut by the Jets.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm not saying this isn't true but NFL teams "leak" this kind of information every year. Why? Because _____ will most likely be a top 15 pick so teams at the bottom of the first round would benefit if he slipped. Similar thing happened last year with Ragland's heart situation. That was a known situation all along but the night before the draft it gets "leaked" that teams are worried about it so the Bills were able to steal him at the top of the 2nd round. Again, I have no insight into whether this is true about _____ but NFL teams and executives play these kind of games all the time IRT the draft..

Last edited by a moderator:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm not saying this isn't true but NFL teams "leak" this kind of information every year. Why? Because _____ will most likely be a top 15 pick so teams at the bottom of the first round would benefit if he slipped. Similar thing happened last year with Ragland's heart situation. That was a known situation all along but the night before the draft it gets "leaked" that teams are worried about it so the Bills were able to steal him at the top of the 2nd round. Again, I have no insight into whether this is true about _____ but NFL teams and executives play these kind of games all the time IRT the draft..
I would take Ryan Anderson WAY before I'd take Williams. One breaths fire when he plays. The other disappears for quarters at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Okay, lets talk about Marlon. What happens if he get hurt next year? Or has okay performance next year? Thats enough data to drop him out of 1st round to 3rd round. It makes sense for him to go now because he couldnt take a chance. Stewart made a good decision as well. Lets just wish those guys the best and we got young players thats ready to play

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I don't know why people thinks Drops will define someone's NFL Draft grade...
I'm no draft expert and don't even watch pro ball anymore, but I would guess it's because a receiver who can't catch doesn't help very much. For example, if I were looking to pick a possession receiver in the later rounds and I had to between Renfro, who caught everything thrown his way and was a huge difference maker in the game, and Dieter, who dropped a very much needed first down pass, I would choose Renfro. Now, that is just based on watching that one game. Dieter may come out in the combine and blow me away and change my mind, but the pressure is raised on him to do so. This was just an example, so please don't bother telling me that neither of these guys will be drafted. The combine can show potential and athletic ability, but if a receiver has a reputation of dropping balls, which Julio also did, it is up to the particular team to decide if potential outweighs performance. With Julio, it did, and the Falcons have to be happy with that pick.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Okay, lets talk about Marlon. What happens if he get hurt next year? Or has okay performance next year? Thats enough data to drop him out of 1st round to 3rd round. It makes sense for him to go now because he couldnt take a chance. Stewart made a good decision as well. Lets just wish those guys the best and we got young players thats ready to play

Humphrey I get. Ardarius, I don't. 2nd round grade, just doesn't feel right. But, that's just me. He's a beast.....hard catches look easy, easy catches look hard.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

If Humphrey is getting a first round grade, he needed to go. The NFL will clean up his game (unless he goes to the Browns, God forbid).

Stewart, I'm not sure, but someone said he had already graduated. He's won championships. Maybe he could have improved his stock by coming back, maybe not. It's their decision to make though, and I wish them all the best.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If Humphrey is getting a first round grade, he needed to go. The NFL will clean up his game (unless he goes to the Browns, God forbid).

Stewart, I'm not sure, but someone said he had already graduated. He's won championships. Maybe he could have improved his stock by coming back, maybe not. It's their decision to make though, and I wish them all the best.
Stewart (according to an ESPN quote) said he received a second round grade but hoped to improve that at the combine. I don't know if he could have improved his status to a first round grade if he came back. But my train of thought is with a WR like Stewart, getting a 2nd grade is the best case scenario for him, but he will likely go in the third round. I just don't see a franchise using a first round pick on him. But you never know what teams are going to do on draft day.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I tend to agree. His ceiling is second round THIS year. His ceiling could've been first round NEXT year with more tape showing development at the finer things of his position. But he has a degree and he's not going to be out of a team's plan where he's likely to go...so no complaints from me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.