2017 Prospect: 5* OT Trey Smith Updates

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Times have changed.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
From the Jackson Sun:

Ole Miss may have been Smith’s first official scholarship offer, but the Vols weren’t second in that race by much. It was less than a week later in 2014 when Butch Jones let the Smith family know Trey had a locker waiting for him in Knoxville if he wanted one. The Vols have made it obvious they wanted him. The Vols had a lineman camp at USJ in June. It wasn’t long after that, Smith’s older sister – a UT graduate who’d worked on the compliance staff for the Lady Vols basketball team – was hired back to Knoxville from working for the NCAA for the football program’s compliance staff. Smith has probably had plenty of people who are fans of the Big Orange in Jackson and across the state let him know they want him playing on Rocky Top.

If the Vols have to do all that to land in state prospects, what chance do they stand on the national stage?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
All we can do is feel remorse for Trey. Does he not realize that Butch is on the way out? One or two excellent players is not going to save Butchs HC job, it is only prolonging the inevitable.
Sometimes I think that in some cases it matters very little who the head coach might be. I think some kids say, " I`m going to this school, period. "

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
All we can do is feel remorse for Trey. Does he not realize that Butch is on the way out? One or two excellent players is not going to save Butchs HC job, it is only prolonging the inevitable.
With the recent hiring of his sister and her being on the payroll Trey had little choice. I'm sure she is highly qualified.:rolleyes:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.