2017 Prospect: 5* OT Trey Smith Updates

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247 profile

He's announcing tomorrow on ESPNU at 3:30 central.

While Tennessee appears to be the favorite here, Saban saw him today. That's not worth dismissing.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
That makes me feel bad about it again. We have lost a few recruits last minute to Urban before. I really can't stand that guy. Seems like a snake in the grass

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
That makes me feel bad about it again. We have lost a few recruits last minute to Urban before. I really can't stand that guy. Seems like a snake in the grass
That would be two, Browning and Smith, that I guess you might say Meyer won out on in the last minute. I`d really like to know what he`s selling that we can`t match. B1G, you out there?

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Only thing Tenn. has to offer is playing time, he could get that at Florida International. Urban can guarantee him plenty of snow to play in, LOL.
Coach Saban won't guarantee him a starting spot on the OL, if he gets that, it will be all him. I'm feeling pretty good about Mr. Smith coming to The Capstone.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Only thing Tenn. has to offer is playing time, he could get that at Florida International. Urban can guarantee him plenty of snow to play in, LOL.
Coach Saban won't guarantee him a starting spot on the OL, if he gets that, it will be all him. I'm feeling pretty good about Mr. Smith coming to The Capstone.
Smith's sister is an office assistant for Butch Jones.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Based on anything in particular, Frog?

Coach Saban won't guarantee him a starting spot on the OL, if he gets that, it will be all him. I'm feeling pretty good about Mr. Smith coming to The Capstone.[/QUOTE]

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That would be two, Browning and Smith, that I guess you might say Meyer won out on in the last minute. I`d really like to know what he`s selling that we can`t match. B1G, you out there?
I think that Smith is a Vol. As for Meyer vs Saban - they are both great recruiters and each has had a great deal of success. As much as a lot of you would like to believe otherwise, he has not been a negative recruiter at OSU based on everything that I have heard. The reality - Meyer and Saban are very different people. Some people will like one more than the other.

But any player that goes to either school right now is going to have to earn playing time, and they are going to be well developed for a chance to play in the NFL. Meyer does not promise playing time to anyone. In those two areas, there really is no difference right now.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
There has been a few others from previous years that many thought we would sign that picked them late in the process. Bell, McMillan, Prince, KJ Hill come to mind.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There has been a few others from previous years that many thought we would sign that picked them late in the process. Bell, McMillan, Prince, KJ Hill come to mind.
They got Von Bell because we slow played him thinking we had Tony Conner.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.