Thoughts from a Washington Fan - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 36
  1. #14
    BamaNation All-SEC BamaBoySince89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Sumter, SC
    Posts
    1,154

    Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    You Washington fans might need to check the website you are on right now. You are not on a Washington or PAC-12 site.
    Exactly.

    "Roll Tide"

  2. #15
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    528

    Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    PetermanUW. you are a confident wash fan, and I can see some of your potential advantages for your team. Really, I too being a loyal bama fan through the years have concerns about Jalen hurts passing ability, teams attacking our corners. But, I have not seen any team yet beat Alabama. I also realize uscs qb is a lot better than browne. however, I don't remember usc's running backs, receivers, off linemen, def linemen doint anything to stop bama. their qb did not play defense, have time to make good passes downfield. I have also been concerned with the point spreads by vegas each week, and you know what they really know what they are doing. check the spreads of each game this year. we have bigger, stronger players at all positions, we have I am sure faster athletes at those same positions. we are 4 deep at rb. we are 4 deep at receiver. we have the butkus award foster middle linebacker. we have jonathan allen, we have at least 4 or 5 def players first round picks. just remember, we start slow, but, than don't blink your eyes, because that is a big, fast crimson tider flipping the field and the game. please stay in touch enjoy opponents banter. roll tide.

  3. #16
    Super Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    39,239

    Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    Missed this earlier. Where did you see Bama had 2 OL go down? Some context can be provided for that instead of you just reading 2 OL got injured.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  4. #17
    BamaNation All-SEC bama2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Peach State
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    So why did you not watch the Bama vs USC game, and then watch the UW vs USC game and come up with you comparison's. Give us your comparisons on how each team played a common opponent. Then we can have a discussion about strength and weakness of each team.

  5. #18
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    8
    Thread Starter

    Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    Because transitive property in CFB rarely works... You played USC at their weakest

  6. #19
    BamaNation All-American Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    You Washington fans might need to check the website you are on right now. You are not on a Washington or PAC-12 site.

    Yeah, I was taught to comport myself with humility when entering another's domain.

    Guess some weren't...
    "I have never understood why it is 'greed' to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take the money someone else has earned.

    - Thomas Sowell

  7. #20
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    63,487

    Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by PetermanUW View Post
    24 points in the first
    I'm moving your thread to the rivalry board. I'm amazed that you really believe you've stated a rational analysis of your team versus the nation's #1. It's basically just smack. Nothing wrong with it. Just doesn't belong here...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  8. #21
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    138

    Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    I hope I've been civil on you boards. I admitted in my first post that you guys beat us 9 times out of 10. Also, most legit Washington fans love your coach, as he is from the Don James tree, and Don James is our version of Bear Bryant.

    The stars will need to align for us to beat you. As for USC, you can't underestimate how much Darnold made a difference for that team. Yea, you guys still beat them with Darnold, but they probably put up a better fight later in the season with Darnold.

  9. #22
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,281

    Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    Op is dead on

  10. #23
    BamaNation All-American Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by huskylawyer View Post
    I hope I've been civil on you boards. I admitted in my first post that you guys beat us 9 times out of 10. Also, most legit Washington fans love your coach, as he is from the Don James tree, and Don James is our version of Bear Bryant.

    The stars will need to align for us to beat you. As for USC, you can't underestimate how much Darnold made a difference for that team. Yea, you guys still beat them with Darnold, but they probably put up a better fight later in the season with Darnold.

    You have been.

    You're not the UDub fan raising eyebrows here...
    "I have never understood why it is 'greed' to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take the money someone else has earned.

    - Thomas Sowell

  11. #24
    BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Noblesville Indiana
    Posts
    3,196

    Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    I said this in another thread, and I'll say it again here. This matchup is very intriguing. We haven't faced a a gunslinging caliber with the quality of weapons that Washington has. The flip side though, is that Washington also hasn't faced a caliber of defense like we've got.

    Here's the thing you are missing when you talk about our defense being overly aggressive. We are because we have the depth to be aggressive. We aren't as deep as we were last year, but we still have the athleticism and depth to rotate guys effectively. Plus we have a scheme that allows us to adjust based on the offense we are facing.

    Washington can sling the ball, but they're going to have to convert on a lot of short drop back passes to open the defense first. We have the best front 7 in the nation, and we can get pressure on the quarterback without blitzing. If browning expects to throw bombs off 7 step drop backs all night, then he'll spend a fair amount of time on his back.

    As to Hurts and the offense, I'll be interested to see what a month of preparation and planning can do. He's not the most accurate thrower, and Washington has one of the most underrated secondaries in the country. The difference with Hurts is that he doesn't make a lot of dumb throws that will put him at risk. He makes good decisions with the ball, and Kiffin picks his spots well for risky plays.

    The other thing is that we might not need to pass the ball well to win. The RB tandem of Scarborough, Jacobs, and Harris have all developed very well this year. Washingtons defense is athletic, but they are small. If our blocking is well executed, I expect the Huskie front 7 to have trouble staying fresh in run contain.

    No doubt we will have to bring our A game to win. I could also see it being closer than the pundits think. With that said, at the end of the day, I would take us to cover the spread and then some.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly BamaBomber

  12. #25
    BamaNation All-American Vertical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,180

    Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by PetermanUW View Post
    Because transitive property in CFB rarely works... You played USC at their weakest
    Making claims like this as though they are fact is not going to win you any debates. We don't know that USC was at it's 'weakest' when playing us any more than we know that they were at their strongest playing you. It's pure conjecture, and the opponent they were playing probably has something to do with the level of effectiveness USC had, wouldn't you say? USC isn't just out there playing themselves.

    You've made several absurd claims such as your team has the best secondary in the entire country, and you have 3-4 "elite" D-linemen. Your opinion, fine, but please leave it at that. It is not a universally held truth.

    Statements you have made which I will respond to:

    Bama's offense is pretty bad at throwing the ball because Hurts is really ineffective with his mechanics and accuracy. UW can make Bama one dimensional, Washington has 3 elite 3-4 DL men and the best secondary in the country.

    I can agree that Jalen hurts does not have the best mechanics, and does not have outstanding accuracy, however I would not go anywhere so close as to call him "really ineffective". Saying so makes your argument seem completely ridiculous.

    Bama's defense is very agressive and can be had on routes that force them to switch (wheel routes, zone busters etc). Short quick passing game off of play action was money for Ole Miss early in the game. RPOS looked actually quite effective against Bama's defense because the safeties and LBs overcommit so much because they trust someone to make a play if they can't . Everyone's explosives plays came off play action which speaks to how agressive they play. Alabama sells out to stop the run but if you spread them out you can get 3-4 yards and the occassional 10 yard pop. Bama's defense reminds me of the Seahawks without an elite safety or corner.

    It's one thing to see trends and a potential advantage, it's quite another to line up and make it work. Alabama's defense is not an unsolvable puzzle, of course it can be beat, and it has trends and issues. But they are talented, and up to this point, 13 other teams have tried to find enough holes and have failed. Of course UW has a chance, just like everyone else did.

    I like UW's chances in this game esp. given that Pete has 1 month to prepare.

    Nick Saban has a month to prepare as well. I fail to see your point.

    If Washington can stay away from TOs and convert on third down; they can win this game. Well... yeah?

    I'm really not sure what you've offered here by way of analysis that hasn't been done dozens of times before by other fans and coaches. Alabama is just a team and yes they can be beat. But we've won 13 games this year with all of the flaws you've 'discovered' against pretty good competition.

  13. #26
    BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Noblesville Indiana
    Posts
    3,196

    Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by huskylawyer View Post
    I hope I've been civil on you boards. I admitted in my first post that you guys beat us 9 times out of 10. Also, most legit Washington fans love your coach, as he is from the Don James tree, and Don James is our version of Bear Bryant.

    The stars will need to align for us to beat you. As for USC, you can't underestimate how much Darnold made a difference for that team. Yea, you guys still beat them with Darnold, but they probably put up a better fight later in the season with Darnold.
    Dude, you're cool. I've seen enough from you already to know you're an alright guy. We are one of the more strictly moderated forums in the sports universe when it comes to opposing fans. Heck, that's one of the reasons why we all love it here.

    If the mods aren't contacting you to tell you to tone it down, chances are you're in good shape.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly BamaBomber

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear