Thoughts from a Washington Fan - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-SEC BamaBoySince89's Avatar

Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

Since you feel that way PetermanUW, I'm assuming that you believe that Ole Miss played us at our weakest?
    Last edited by BamaBoySince89; December 5th, 2016 at 06:53 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

In all honesty, the Huskies' best chance is that Bama players don't take Washington seriously.
    Bama lost to Utah (2009), Oklahoma (2014) and Ohio State (2015) based on that circumstance.
    When Bama players take the opponent seriously (or, God forbid are angry), the results are ugly (Mich State 2010 & 2015, LSU 2012, Notre Dame 2013).
    Washington is certainly capable of beating Alabama, but it really depends on how Alabama plays not how Washington does.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Where have we seen this thread before? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    Where have we seen this thread before? LOL
    We just decided recently to give threads like this a forum of their own...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Suspended

This wasn't mean't to be a smack talk post... I was simply stating what i saw that Washington can take advantage of... Christ i compared your defense to the Seahawks..

Quote Originally Posted by PetermanUW View Post
    This wasn't mean't to be a smack talk post... I was simply stating what i saw that Washington can take advantage of... Christ i compared your defense to the Seahawks..

"Christ"?

Really??

Do us all a favor and, um, go away...
    Last edited by Rush; December 6th, 2016 at 09:39 AM.
    "I have never understood why it is 'greed' to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take the money someone else has earned.

- Thomas Sowell

Looks like all the Udub fans are getting suspended. Must have taken lessons from some of the LSU fans.

FB|BB Moderator

The most objective observers of football are in Las Vegas. The consensus of the professionals is that Alabama wins by 15, and the total points by both teams is 54.

That translates into the most objective, knowledgeable professionals on the planet predicting score of roughly 35-20.

Now, those pros aren't always right. But to make a credible case for UDub winning without a bunch of help from Alabama, you have to identify where the pros got it wrong (and wrong to the tune of more than two touchdowns), and come us with a solid justification for feeling that way.

Personally, I think Tidewater said it best when he said that UDub's best chance is Alabama not taking them seriously. I don't think that's real likely. But if it happens, it would be manifested by mental mistakes, blown pass coverages and blocking assignments, careless penalties, poor eye discipline leading to vulnerability to trick plays, and poor ball security.

In other words, Alabama giving Washington a lot of help.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    The most objective observers of football are in Las Vegas. The consensus of the professionals is that Alabama wins by 15, and the total points by both teams is 54.

That translates into the most objective, knowledgeable professionals on the planet predicting score of roughly 35-20.

Now, those pros aren't always right. But to make a credible case for UDub winning without a bunch of help from Alabama, you have to identify where the pros got it wrong (and wrong to the tune of more than two touchdowns), and come us with a solid justification for feeling that way.

Personally, I think Tidewater said it best when he said that UDub's best chance is Alabama not taking them seriously. I don't think that's real likely. But if it happens, it would be manifested by mental mistakes, blown pass coverages and blocking assignments, careless penalties, poor eye discipline leading to vulnerability to trick plays, and poor ball security.

In other words, Alabama giving Washington a lot of help.
    I can tell you where they are getting it wrong. UW has an absolutely elite interior DL the only thing Alabama's seen that is close is their own DL last year with Robinson and Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Marshawn24 View Post
    I can tell you where they are getting it wrong. UW has an absolutely elite interior DL the only thing Alabama's seen that is close is their own DL last year with Robinson and Reed
    The only one who seems likely to be drafted high is Eldrenkamp, although Shelton did make all-conference, 2nd team. It'll be interesting to see how they hold up against our DL...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis