Thoughts from a Washington Fan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Suspended

Thoughts from a Washington Fan

I watched a few Alabama games today: Ole Miss, LSU and Tennesse. I came away pretty confident that Washington can potentially upset them. Bama's offense is pretty bad at throwing the ball because Hurts is really ineffective with his mechanics and accuracy. UW can make Bama one dimensional, Washington has 3 elite 3-4 DL men and the best secondary in the country. Bama's defense is very agressive and can be had on routes that force them to switch (wheel routes, zone busters etc). Short quick passing game off of play action was money for Ole Miss early in the game. RPOS looked actually quite effective against Bama's defense because the safeties and LBs overcommit so much because they trust someone to make a play if they can't . Everyone's explosives plays came off play action which speaks to how agressive they play. Alabama sells out to stop the run but if you spread them out you can get 3-4 yards and the occassional 10 yard pop. Bama's defense reminds me of the Seahawks without an elite safety or corner. I like UW's chances in this game esp. given that Pete has 1 month to prepare. If Washington can stay ahead of the chains and convert on third down i can see them scoring 17-20 points. Washington's defense has NFL talent at every postition except for the buck postition, Psalms Wooching who can abused on outside runs and QB scrambles/reads which is concerning. Joe Mathis and Azeem Victor may be able to come back for Washington in this game and they are elite at what they do. I also saw Bama has had 2 OL men go down which could end up being the difference in the game. If Washington can stay away from TOs and convert on third down; they can win this game.

Re: Thoughts from a Washington Fan

Sound like the Michigan State fans last year.

You watched the Tennessee game and came away confident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by PetermanUW View Post
    I watched a few Alabama games today: Ole Miss, LSU and Tennesse. I came away pretty confident that Washington can potentially upset them. Bama's offense is pretty bad at throwing the ball because Hurts is really ineffective with his mechanics and accuracy. UW can make Bama one dimensional, Washington has 3 elite 3-4 DL men and the best secondary in the country. Bama's defense is very agressive and can be had on routes that force them to switch (wheel routes, zone busters etc). Short quick passing game off of play action was money for Ole Miss early in the game. RPOS looked actually quite effective against Bama's defense because the safeties and LBs overcommit so much because they trust someone to make a play if they can't . Everyone's explosives plays came off play action which speaks to how agressive they play. Alabama sells out to stop the run but if you spread them out you can get 3-4 yards and the occassional 10 yard pop. Bama's defense reminds me of the Seahawks without an elite safety or corner. I like UW's chances in this game esp. given that Pete has 1 month to prepare. If Washington can stay ahead of the chains and convert on third down i can see them scoring 17-20 points. Washington's defense has NFL talent at every postition except for the buck postition, Psalms Wooching who can abused on outside runs and QB scrambles/reads which is concerning. Joe Mathis and Azeem Victor may be able to come back for Washington in this game and they are elite at what they do. I also saw Bama has had 2 OL men go down which could end up being the difference in the game. If Washington can stay away from TOs and convert on third down; they can win this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

I tried to watch a game where Bama destroyed someone, a game that gave them trouble defensively and a game where they struggled offensively.

BamaNation Second Team

If Bama disrupts Browning on a consistent basis the game is probably over. I'm worried that Browning won't have enough time to throw the long bombs to Ross.

I'm petrified w/r/t containing Howard at TE, especially with Azeem out.

Huskies can't let Hurts run on us. He's not as good as a passer as Darnold at USC, but they are similar players (Darnold is going to be a very high draft pick)

I doubt Mathis will be back (Petersen already said it is unlikely). He was tearing it before the injury (5.5 sacks and a bunch of TFL). Not sure how Azeem is doing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar

The problem with that logic is that Nick Saban also has 1 month to prepare.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation All-SEC BamaBoySince89's Avatar

Bama's defense reminds me of the Seahawks without an elite safety or corner. I like UW's chances in this game esp.
    Bruuuh, take the PAC12 glasses off...the team that beat you lost to us by 49. Don't confuse confidence with reality. You will have to WORK to beat us.

"Roll Tide"

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoySince89 View Post
    Bruuuh, take the PAC12 glasses off...the team that beat you lost to us by 49. Don't confuse confidence with reality. You will have to WORK to beat us.

"Roll Tide"
    And i was providing anyalsis on how that could happen... Take off your Bama glasses and actually engage in debate.

I tried to watch a game where Bama destroyed someone, a game that gave them trouble defensively and a game where they struggled offensively.
    So I guess the OM game was the one where Alabama had defensive issues? The one where they scored 16 points in the fourth quarter when playing catch up. Also the same game where they scored a defensive TD. IOW, they scored half their points either by the defense or playing catch up. They had over 150 yards in the fourth quarter when Alabama had injuries in the secondary, and they were just throwing the ball in order to get back in the game.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Suspended

24 points in the first

BamaNation All-SEC alwayshavebeen's Avatar

For some reason I don't see this conversation lasting too long

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar

And i was providing anyalsis on how that could happen... Take off your Bama glasses and actually engage in debate.
    No offense but your entire post looks like its posted in Huskie glasses. Your entire defense with be the first college in history to have 10 of 11 starters play in the NFL, really? I see very little analysis, just reasons why your team should be anointed the best team ever.
    Last edited by CrimsonSEC; December 5th, 2016 at 06:31 PM.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

men and the best secondary in the country. Bama's defense is very agressive and can be had on routes that force them to switch (wheel routes, zone busters etc). If Washington can stay away from TOs and convert on third down; they can win this game.
    You are correct. We are not unbeatable, nor is any other team remaining in the playoff. You guys have had a great season, and I anticipate a good game. I also worry about our offense if/when Kiffypoo gets too cute. If we focus on executing what we do well, our offense should be able to move the ball and sustain drives. Our defense is aggressive and does provide opportunities for big plays, but you have to be quick about getting the throws away. The big problem that some teams have when they play us is the difference in physicality. Our guys just keep on coming and hitting hard every play. Most teams can't hold up for four quarters. We will see how your Huskies do come New Year's Eve. Good luck to you.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

You Washington fans might need to check the website you are on right now. You are not on a Washington or PAC-12 site.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll