Link: Blake Barnett going to Arizona state

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Barnett has moved on and I have moved on. I won't hold a grudge (something I'm trying to get better at).

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
One thing that stood out to me in that article is it said he will be a 'RS Sophomore'.....I thought all along we had been hearing he'd somehow STILL be a RS Freshman but have to sit out 4 games? But then the info was he wouldn't have to sit out, but yet again STILL would be a RS Freshman. So Is he going to be a RS Freshmen or RS Sophomore?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
One thing that stood out to me in that article is it said he will be a 'RS Sophomore'.....I thought all along we had been hearing he'd somehow STILL be a RS Freshman but have to sit out 4 games? But then the info was he wouldn't have to sit out, but yet again STILL would be a RS Freshman. So Is he going to be a RS Freshmen or RS Sophomore?
He would be a sophomore no matter what. He lost his redshirt in 2015, so he would have either been a RS Sophomore starting week 1 or RS Sophomore starting week 5.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just read that on ESPN. He points the finger at Saban for creating a negative perception about him when he told Sam Ponder in an ESPN interview that he was nervous.
Be glad that he is gone. Looks like he would have been a locker room liability if he had stayed. Hope he never wins a game at QB.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
He would be a sophomore no matter what. He lost his redshirt in 2015, so he would have either been a RS Sophomore starting week 1 or RS Sophomore starting week 5.
Oh yeah I get that but the original story was that he had found some magical loophole that let him keep that year of eligibility. Like where he transferred to would be him picking up at game 5 where he left off here as a RS Freshman. Which is why everyone was extra flipping out. How unfair that seemed rules wise.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Just read that on ESPN. He points the finger at Saban for creating a negative perception about him when he told Sam Ponder in an ESPN interview that he was nervous.
You could see it on his face that he was full of nervous energy. Anxious. Overhyped. Whatever you want to call it he was too amped up for some reason and not making great decisions.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Oh yeah I get that but the original story was that he had found some magical loophole that let him keep that year of eligibility. Like where he transferred to would be him picking up at game 5 where he left off here as a RS Freshman. Which is why everyone was extra flipping out. How unfair that seemed rules wise.
Transfers usually have to sit a whole year. That can only count as a red shirt year if you haven't already taken one. Blake had so if he had to sit this year, it would have been one of his four to play. He was going to lose the eligibility no matter what. But the fact that he gets to play instead of sit, whether at game 1 or game 5, is already a big advantage because he doesn't lose the year of action.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't remember that part of it. The main reason I recall people being upset was him quitting in the middle of the season and the loophole saying he could play after sitting out the number of weeks he was on the previous team's roster.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
You could see it on his face that he was full of nervous energy. Anxious. Overhyped. Whatever you want to call it he was too amped up for some reason and not making great decisions.
Yep. Nailed it.

He probably doesn't want to admit it but he was noticeably shaken in that game. If he had stayed in we probably would have lost.

Either way you slice it, he had the OPPORTUNITY to win the job and he screwed the pooch. Done deal.

He wont be missed....

RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yep. Nailed it.

He probably doesn't want to admit it but he was noticeably shaken in that game. If he had stayed in we probably would have lost.

Either way you slice it, he had the OPPORTUNITY to win the job and he screwed the pooch. Done deal.

He wont be missed....

RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I know someone who was down on the field before the game and he text me that Barnett looked shell shocked. The way he played when the game started confirmed that person's claims. The kid was overwhelmed. Simple as that.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Well, at least he left before an opponent talked trash to him during a game and he ended up crying in a fetal position on the field. I'm sorry but this typifies the mentality of a lot of the youth today. Can't handle any criticism and gets their feelings hurt. SMH...

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I look at his attitude about being nervous like a boxer who gets rocked and everybody knows the hit he just took really hurt him because he wobbled, but the boxer shakes his head like it didn't phase him.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
Pretty arrogant of BB to start spouting off at the mouth about this type of stuff... especially concerning the skeletons in the closet on his side of the argument. Like others before him, he knows Saban won't stoop to get in the gutter with this type of mess.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I like that Coach Saban dictates the media around our Player's & shields them from getting into unneeded situations from something they may say during an interview..Blake needs to shut up & concentrate on his football career..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Pretty arrogant of BB to start spouting off at the mouth about this type of stuff... especially concerning the skeletons in the closet on his side of the argument. Like others before him, he knows Saban won't stoop to get in the gutter with this type of mess.
Yeah, totally lame move.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.