David Cornwell Transferring

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm just telling you... That has been the speculation since Jake Coker won the starting job last year. He was injured during the fall camp and if he hadn't got hurt, he would've been in mix with Bateman and Hurts for the job. Cornwell can't graduate this December because he needs spring classes, so I probably would say he won't participate in the spring camp.

If I remember correctly, Since Tua and Mac Jones are EE, they should join the team to practice end of the December and be with the team for spring camp. I expect a walk on QB to join the team so we wont be short next year. Just relax.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
I'm just telling you... That has been the speculation since Jake Coker won the starting job last year. He was injured during the fall camp and if he hadn't got hurt, he would've been in mix with Bateman and Hurts for the job. Cornwell can't graduate this December because he needs spring classes, so I probably would say he won't participate in the spring camp.

If I remember correctly, Since Tua and Mac Jones are EE, they should join the team to practice end of the December and be with the team for spring camp. I expect a walk on QB to join the team so we wont be short next year. Just relax.
I don't know that Tua will be here in December as he is supposed to play in the Army All American game

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Thanks - it is beyond weird that he wouldn't say that he is here through the playoffs after the uproar earlier this week. He either is not staying through the playoffs, or he is dense.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
So no news on Bateman staying through the playoff? I'm most worried about him because hes our holder.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't know that Tua will be here in December as he is supposed to play in the Army All American game
He will be on the campus in Jan.... but I see what you mean. But I still think he probably can practice with the team but the question is, is it the week of championship? Jalen Hurt played in an all American game and joined the team right?

jeffs4thetide

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Trussville, AL
Get use to this. This is the future of college football. The youth these days expect to be immediate contributors. At Alabama it is going to be worse because of the talent we are recruiting out of high school.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
I posed the question in early September about the three existing QB's staying if a true freshman was named the starter. I'm certainly not glad it's happened, but not at all surprised. If Bateman ends up not available for a playoff game and Cornwell is still unable to play, I imagine as others have mentioned, the running QB aspect of the offense will be closed indefinitely.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He will be on the campus in Jan.... but I see what you mean. But I still think he probably can practice with the team but the question is, is it the week of championship? Jalen Hurt played in an all American game and joined the team right?
Since Washington's QB is not a runner, it is a lot less critical that he be there for those practices, but someone has to play QB on the scout team.

Tua would be a great help when prepping for OSU.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Bateman ends up not available for a playoff game and Cornwell is still unable to play, I imagine as others have mentioned, the running QB aspect of the offense will be closed indefinitely.
Not likely. In championship games, you just let the kids play. You can't worry about injuries.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Since Washington's QB is not a runner, it is a lot less critical that he be there for those practices, but someone has to play QB on the scout team.

Tua would be a great help when prepping for OSU.
We have had John Wilson parker, Blake Sims helping out in the practices...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.