David Cornwell Transferring

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Mr Buck Eye, Jalen is not even a year out of high school and he won SEC offensive player of the year over greats, such as Fournette. Chances are Hurts will improve, including his passing. If you want to go back to your own board, you probably won't be missed by many over here. Happy Holiday to you.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Mr Buck Eye, Jalen is not even a year out of high school and he won SEC offensive player of the year over greats, such as Fournette. Chances are Hurts will improve, including his passing. If you want to go back to your own board, you probably won't be missed by many over here. Happy Holiday to you.
Come on man. Guy's just expressing his opinion.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Russell is just getting over barely being able to hand off because of an injury he got running the ball.
And, at least at this point, he's a wee bit better passer than Jalen. :)
He should be overall better than Jalen since he's been in the league for four or five seasons. I was using him as an example of a guy that is more comparable to Jalen than RG3. Jalen doesn't take hits very often. RG3 was too stupid to get out of bounds or slide. That's why his career took a nose dive (attitude played a part as well).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He should be overall better than Jalen since he's been in the league for four or five seasons. I was using him as an example of a guy that is more comparable to Jalen than RG3. Jalen doesn't take hits very often. RG3 was too stupid to get out of bounds or slide. That's why his career took a nose dive (attitude played a part as well).

Ahhh...gotcha. Agreed.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think the ideal progression that the staff and Jalen himself wants to see is that his run game takes a backseat to his throw game. So his carries may go down over his career but the backbreaking nature of those carries will be higher. I felt like that is what we've seen from Watson from his true freshman year to 2015 and 2016. He was a runner first, passer second as a freshman but he was basically a pocket passer who can break your defense down with scrambles and get some tough yards when absolutely needed.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Jalen, as great as he's been as a true freshman, doesn't resemble an NFL Quarterback. He resembles a very athletic Quarterback who uses his legs very well to get out of trouble, and to make some great plays.
Were he in the N.F.L., that "asset" would get him killed. Ask RG3.
Michael Vick says hello.

Russell Wilson would like a word.

Exactly.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I would miss his posts, as would nearly everyone on this board. His posts are always respectful and well reasoned. And if he disagrees, he does not resort to personal attacks.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I agree and I wonder why Spurrier's quitting on his team seems to have been forgotten.
As long as they finish the season I have zero problem with any player transferring.

Come up with an excuse to quit the team before the games are over? Quitter.

Hopefully both Bateman and Cornwell are better people than the quitter playing for the mighty Sun Devils next year...

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Funny thing: since Saban came to Bama he's had the SECs highest ranked QB recruit 4 times:

Blake Barnett
Cooper Bateman
Phillips Sims
Star Jackson

None panned out.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
At least Tua seems fully committed, he can come in and sit on the bench and be ready if Hurts has an injury over the next few years.
Or, Tua could win the job next year. You never know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't agree with everything he posts, but he posts honestly.

So seriously, unless you're willing to add what BiG has added to this board, quit typing...

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Negative. YOU wouldn't be missed. B1GTide is a vital member of this community.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Ole "Mr Buckeye" paid you to say that so we'd say something nice about him didn't he?

Quite seriously, he's one of our better posters and is always welcome here on TideFans in my book (and I can be awfully ornery with opposing fans - ask around). I always wait for either the big "flash" post or the more subtle digs that take a bit longer for some to catch onto followed by the more obvious "Showing of true colors" that gets them suspended/banned, but B1GTide has ever been respectful and reasonable, brings a good bit of knowledge to the table, and seems like a genuinely good guy. I'm picky about which Bama fans I'd watch a game in person with and he seems like one of the rare opposing fans I'd watch a game with.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.