Link: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Botch Jones - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Re: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Butch Jones

As i read the post, I know we want to beat Aubarn every year but I fell this hatred for UcheaT will not die for another generation. Such is life.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bama2112 View Post
    As i read the post, I know we want to beat Aubarn every year but I fell this hatred for UcheaT will not die for another generation. Such is life.
    Not that soon. Younger Bama fans should make a point to fully learn the history of Tennessee's deceit. Be vigilant. As sure as you draw your next breath, that snake will strike again. Or we could all just soften up and say "Golly gee, Tennessee's not so bad, this is a great rivalry!" See what happens then.

Lies, propaganda, and disinformation. Butch is the greatest coach at 10rc since General Neyland, and I hope he retires in Knoxville 😁

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Great read, thanks for posting. I admit, I bought into the Tennessee hype at the beginning the season because I felt that the program had made steady progression in Butch's first 3 yrs and that they were due for a comeback. But after all that has happened, this article just confirms what I already thought--Butch is just in over his head. He's basically an '8-4' coach that is probably more suited for a mid-level program in the Midwest or Rust Belt. Barring a miraculous turnaround next season and much to the chagrin of us Bama fans, he's going to be fired.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; December 8th, 2016 at 08:30 AM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FF4bama View Post
    Lies, propaganda, and disinformation. Butch is the greatest coach at 10rc since General Neyland, and I hope he retires in Knoxville 😁
    Seconded. Give that man a 1 billion dollar buyout and let the good times roll.

BamaNation All-American

Jones comes across as a man with serious anger issues. He is setting a bad example for the Tennessee players. Some of the TN guys are already trying to play rougher than the rules allow. I blame Butch.

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Great read, thanks for posting. I admit, I bought into the Tennessee hype at the beginning the season because I felt that the program had made steady progression in Butch's first 3 yrs and that they were due for a comeback. But after all that has happened, this article just confirms what I already thought--Butch is just in over his head. He's basically an '8-4' coach that is probably more suited for a mid-level program in the Midwest or Rust Belt. Barring a miraculous turnaround next season and much to the chagrin of us Bama fans, he's going to be fired.
    And, in reality, isn't that what UT really is? An '8-4' type program? Since the 1957 season (year before Coach Bryant came to Bama), they've had fourteen 10+ win seasons. In contrast, we've had 30. I think Butch has built them back up to where they actually are supposed to be. So, keep up the good work Coach!!!
    RTR

BamaNation First Team Titans&Tide's Avatar

Bless their hearts (Southern definition). No blue font. I mean every word.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    Not that soon. Younger Bama fans should make a point to fully learn the history of Tennessee's deceit. Be vigilant. As sure as you draw your next breath, that snake will strike again. Or we could all just soften up and say "Golly gee, Tennessee's not so bad, this is a great rivalry!" See what happens then.
    In 1974, everyone on my floor at Rose Tower hated 10RC, long before Fullmer. Always have, always will.

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PattheCatinSaudi View Post
    We could beat them 30 straight years and it wouldn't make up for the crap we got because of Fulmer.
    I agree. As much as I try to put the Fulmer stuff behind, I don't think it will happen.

BamaNation All-American rolltide_21's Avatar

“We’ll be working to be champions each and every day,” Jones told reporters in December 2012. “We will be a champion in everything we do.”

Champions of Life!

ETA: Travis Haney is a good reporter but I do not like articles that mention this or that "source." I understand why anonymity is necessary but this is a dumb pet peeve of mine. If all of this is true then this ship has sailed a long time ago. I know several UT fans who want both the AD and football coach from UTC.
    Last edited by rolltide_21; December 10th, 2016 at 07:57 PM.

BamaNation Second Team BigAlinKnoxville's Avatar

The problem is that Botch hasn't had time to turn the program around. They could fix this by extending his contract by at least five years and doubling his buyout to show faith in him.