Link: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Botch Jones

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Re: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Butch Jones

Just a few years ago Tennessee was a power in the SEC and their HC was talking about how Bama was irrelevant now and going down. Now Tennessee is irrelevant and in dire financial straits (one reason for the el cheapo Butch Jones hire) and Bama is flying high and rolling in the cash. How Wonderful. Remembering all the lies Fulmer told on us and then their financial difficulties reminds me of a verse in the Bible saying "you have much money but you have nothing because you have holes in your pockets," implying they were thieves and liars. LOL, go Viles.:cool:,

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

This is John Adams' take on playing Bama every year. I didn't see it in Allie's thread -

LINK

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

This is John Adams' take on playing Bama every year. I didn't see it in Allie's thread -

LINK
They didn't seem to mind playing us when we had scholarship restrictions that phat phil and a corrupt commissioner helped occur.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

They didn't seem to mind playing us when we had scholarship restrictions that phat phil and a corrupt commissioner helped occur.
Of course not. They are going to be in favor of whatever benefits them. Living in Louisiana I've heard it from the who fans for the past 10 years about UT being our permanent cross divisional opponent. They've moaned and groaned over how ours is an "easy win" when they have to play Florida year in and year out. My response has always been and will always be "Y'all didn't have a problem with it when UT was wiping the field with our tails back in the late 90's and early 2000's. Y'all seemed to be pretty okay with it." You can't change the rules just because one team gets better and the other goes into the dumpster.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Well if they decide to fire CBJ, then who are they going to get that's better?? I'm not sure if there are any big name coaches that would take that job. As Selma said in the thread of "Most tortured fan bases", I too feel like it's hard to imagine them having a run like they did back in the 90's. They don't get Manning W/O Ole Siss being on probation, Alabama, UGA, LSU, Clemson, the Miss schools, and even South Carolina are getting recruits now that the viles would have gotten 20 years ago. It seems like the best they can hope for is a one year wonder type run. They like Nebraska and Notre Dame are products of a bygone era.
Phatlock is still available... :cool2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

On the Adams article, Rodney Orr put it up on my Facebook page, pointed out that, last week, Dye said Auburn shouldn't have to play Bama every year. He then said "Doesn't anyone want to play Alabama?" :D

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

He loses a couple more times to Bama/Saban it's going to spell something other than "Botch". :wink:
Over to Lynchburg, they's a callin' him "Batch" Jones - Batch as in one "sour mashing" after another by 'Bama...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Over to Lynchburg, they's a callin' him "Batch" Jones - Batch as in one "sour mashing" after another by 'Bama...
Botch reminds me of one of those multi-level marketing people who is trying to convince you to come to one of their meetings after work..... and don't forget to bring a friend.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

LINK
Nothing lasts forever in college football. These people seem so short sighted.

I honestly don't remember anyone bemoaning us having to play Tennessee every year when we lost 7 in a row. I don't remember anyone within the Alabama camp openly pining for a move to the East division when Auburn won 6 in a row.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Nothing lasts forever in college football. These people seem so short sighted.

I honestly don't remember anyone bemoaning us having to play Tennessee every year when we lost 7 in a row. I don't remember anyone within the Alabama camp openly pining for a move to the East division when Auburn won 6 in a row.
Never heard Auburn claiming they fit in better with the East then either...... just now that they are on the losing end. ;)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I like the idea of dropping cross division rivals and playing 2 East division teams on a rotating basis.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

When Coach Saban said he wanted to make those we play a** quit..He meant it & did it..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

What's worse for Tennessee, I wonder: losers of 10 straight to Alabama, or losers of three out of five to Vanderbilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vols fan: "somebody get the number on that truck!"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.