Link: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Botch Jones - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Re: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Butch Jones

55 points is what you get with 11 5* hearts working together . . .

2. Advertisement

Hey RTR91, you spelled 'Botch' wrong in the thread title.
    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    He loses a couple more times to Bama/Saban it's going to spell something other than "Botch".
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

5. June 5th, 2017, 01:03 AM

Reason
    Zero tolerance for profanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    Just a few years ago Tennessee was a power in the SEC and their HC was talking about how Bama was irrelevant now and going down. Now Tennessee is irrelevant and in dire financial straits (one reason for the el cheapo Butch Jones hire) and Bama is flying high and rolling in the cash. How Wonderful. Remembering all the lies Fulmer told on us and then their financial difficulties reminds me of a verse in the Bible saying "you have much money but you have nothing because you have holes in your pockets," implying they were thieves and liars. LOL, go Viles.,
    RTR

This is John Adams' take on playing Bama every year. I didn't see it in Allie's thread -

LINK
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    This is John Adams' take on playing Bama every year. I didn't see it in Allie's thread -

LINK
    They didn't seem to mind playing us when we had scholarship restrictions that phat phil and a corrupt commissioner helped occur.

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    They didn't seem to mind playing us when we had scholarship restrictions that phat phil and a corrupt commissioner helped occur.
    Of course not. They are going to be in favor of whatever benefits them. Living in Louisiana I've heard it from the who fans for the past 10 years about UT being our permanent cross divisional opponent. They've moaned and groaned over how ours is an "easy win" when they have to play Florida year in and year out. My response has always been and will always be "Y'all didn't have a problem with it when UT was wiping the field with our tails back in the late 90's and early 2000's. Y'all seemed to be pretty okay with it." You can't change the rules just because one team gets better and the other goes into the dumpster.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; June 5th, 2017 at 11:13 AM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    Well if they decide to fire CBJ, then who are they going to get that's better?? I'm not sure if there are any big name coaches that would take that job. As Selma said in the thread of "Most tortured fan bases", I too feel like it's hard to imagine them having a run like they did back in the 90's. They don't get Manning W/O Ole Siss being on probation, Alabama, UGA, LSU, Clemson, the Miss schools, and even South Carolina are getting recruits now that the viles would have gotten 20 years ago. It seems like the best they can hope for is a one year wonder type run. They like Nebraska and Notre Dame are products of a bygone era.
    Phatlock is still available...

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Phatlock is still available...
    I like your username.

On the Adams article, Rodney Orr put it up on my Facebook page, pointed out that, last week, Dye said Auburn shouldn't have to play Bama every year. He then said "Doesn't anyone want to play Alabama?"
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPassion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    He loses a couple more times to Bama/Saban it's going to spell something other than "Botch".
    I've been calling him that ever since he arrived on Rocky Top!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Over to Lynchburg, they's a callin' him "Batch" Jones - Batch as in one "sour mashing" after another by 'Bama...

Quote Originally Posted by TitleWave View Post
    Over to Lynchburg, they's a callin' him "Batch" Jones - Batch as in one "sour mashing" after another by 'Bama...
    Botch reminds me of one of those multi-level marketing people who is trying to convince you to come to one of their meetings after work..... and don't forget to bring a friend.