Link: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Botch Jones

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I still tell people that want to discuss the historical greatness of a program (especially Alabama vs Tennessee), & when the TN fans talk about how down Alabama was "a few years ago", that even in the worst time of Alabama football in the modern era (1997-2006), Alabama still won at least 10 games every third year..... 1999, 2002, 2005... any other program have any "down years" that were as successful as those?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I still tell people that want to discuss the historical greatness of a program (especially Alabama vs Tennessee), & when the TN fans talk about how down Alabama was "a few years ago", that even in the worst time of Alabama football in the modern era (1997-2006), Alabama still won at least 10 games every third year..... 1999, 2002, 2005... any other program have any "down years" that were as successful as those?
Not only that but when was the last time we were just run off the field? I'm talking blasted like we did last year to Tennessee (49-10).

Even in 2003, Mike Shula's first year that ended in a 4-9 record, our worst losses were by 14 at Georgia, 15 at Ole Miss (Eli Manning's senior season), and of course a pretty brutal 27-3 loss to Nick Saban's LSU team that won the NC.

You can call that 27-3 loss a blowout and I don't necessarily disagree, but I unless I am mistaken, we haven't lost a game by 30 or more points since the 1998 season (42-6 at Arkansas, and 38-7 to Virginia Tech in that miserable Music City Bowl).

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Something's up with those numbers.

Alabama with 12 divisional titles
LSU 8
Auburn 8
Arky 4
OM 1
MSU 1
aTm 0

That's 34 from the west teams.

But there have been divisional titles since only 1992 -- 26 years, because you have to count the first one.

Don't know if they counted ties. But that would be illogical since there's only one participant from each division.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Re: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Butch Jones

Tennessee is still recruiting surprisingly well.
Great talent with average coaching equals 7 to 9 wins a year. I do not see Tennessee improving past that on a consistent basis as long as CBD is there. I hope he stays there another 20 years.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Butch Jones - the Archbishop of Talent-bury

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Phillip Fulmer is back at Tennessee.

The school announced Tuesday that Fulmer will serve as a special adviser to the president for community, athletics and university relations. Fulmer will basically be an ambassador at community and athletic events.

"This is a special opportunity for me. I've had the chance to work with [Tennessee president] Dr. [Joe] DiPietro for a couple of years in a volunteer capacity, and I was excited when he approached me with this position," Fulmer said via a release from the school. "I look forward to serving UT campuses statewide, our communities, and UT athletics for the greater good for our great state and the university."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...er-as-special-advisor-to-tennessee-president/

So I can still hate the Viles. Fulmar, the gift that keeps on giving. :)

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

In other news Krispy Kreme is reopening.

Phillip Fulmer is back at Tennessee.

The school announced Tuesday that Fulmer will serve as a special adviser to the president for community, athletics and university relations. Fulmer will basically be an ambassador at community and athletic events.

"This is a special opportunity for me. I've had the chance to work with [Tennessee president] Dr. [Joe] DiPietro for a couple of years in a volunteer capacity, and I was excited when he approached me with this position," Fulmer said via a release from the school. "I look forward to serving UT campuses statewide, our communities, and UT athletics for the greater good for our great state and the university."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...er-as-special-advisor-to-tennessee-president/

So I can still hate the Viles. Fulmar, the gift that keeps on giving. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.