Link: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Botch Jones

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
He wanted to be AD and I am sure he has a plan already in the works. It is sad that no matter what we say or how funny it seems it is possible because we are talking about a lifelong underhanded lying scumbag.
He is all the things you say. What he isn't is stupid when it comes to skullduggery.

I don't like this at all. Only comfort I get is that Greg Sankey would never be like Roy Kramer.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I am just glad someone didnt start a new thread to announce he is getting paid to do the job at UcheaT that Pat Dye does for free at Aubarn.
I think this is the orange version of the barn megathread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I have no idea what he will do in this "made up position", but my guess is, unofficially, he will take it upon himself to keep a close eye on the Alabama and Florida programs.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Iphones began to be sold to the public 10 years ago today - meaning no Vol fan has EVER used their iphone to document a victory against Bama.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Them and us.
Amen, brother. Fulmer might not be a great coach, but he is highly skilled in the arts of
manipulation, back-room deal making, and backstabbing.

He will stop at nothing to bring us down again.

There are several changes in our favor:
- Greg Sankey isn't Roy Kramer
- Nick Saban isn't Mike Dubose
- Greg Byrne isn't Bob Bockrath

Phil Fulmer won't sneak up on anybody this go-around, but he's still dangerous as a cocked revolver.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Amen, brother. Fulmer might not be a great coach, but he is highly skilled in the arts of
manipulation, back-room deal making, and backstabbing.

He will stop at nothing to bring us down again.

There are several changes in our favor:
- Greg Sankey isn't Roy Kramer
- Nick Saban isn't Mike Dubose
- Greg Byrne isn't Bob Bockrath

Phil Fulmer won't sneak up on anybody this go-around, but he's still dangerous as a cocked revolver.
Unfortunately, Sankey is no Slive, either. We have a Commisioner who is weak, and these rogue SEC programs know it. Maybe Sankey will solidify his position and become another Iron Chancellor, but you're right about Fulmer. Snake in the grass. I think the other "Famblies" are lying in wait with knives sharpened. The whole SEC could go the way of the Southwest Conference if the Tennessees and Ole Misses get too wild. And wouldn't the Big 10 and others love it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Unfortunately, Sankey is no Slive, either. We have a Commisioner who is weak, and these rogue SEC programs know it. Maybe Sankey will solidify his position and become another Iron Chancellor, but you're right about Fulmer. Snake in the grass. I think the other "Famblies" are lying in wait with knives sharpened. The whole SEC could go the way of the Southwest Conference if the Tennessees and Ole Misses get too wild. And wouldn't the Big 10 and others love it.
What evidence do you have to support this claim?

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
Just my opinion. I don't believe Slive would have allowed Ole Miss to go this far, especially with the NCAA. I believe somehow he would have been able to keep a lid on it and prevented internecine wars with Miss St and other programs. I know there are struggles when new leadership takes over and perhaps Slive was slipping toward the end, but his influence within the NCAA and Sankey's lack in comparison cannot be overestimated. My opinion. I believe Slive ran SO much interference for the conference that nobody ever saw. I believe that is gone. When Saban retires, look out.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Sankey would not uphold the SEC's rule last year on the Maurice Smith situation. He gave into public pressure after leaving Saban to hang out to dry. By the way...the rule still has not changed.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just my opinion. I don't believe Slive would have allowed Ole Miss to go this far, especially with the NCAA. I believe somehow he would have been able to keep a lid on it and prevented internecine wars with Miss St and other programs. I know there are struggles when new leadership takes over and perhaps Slive was slipping toward the end, but his influence within the NCAA and Sankey's lack in comparison cannot be overestimated. My opinion. I believe Slive ran SO much interference for the conference that nobody ever saw. I believe that is gone. When Saban retires, look out.
That's a possibility, but Slive was still in office when the Ole Miss investigation began.

Ole Miss was sloppy in their recruiting. Not much a commissioner can do when the program is still cheating while they have a NOA in their hands.

Also, Sankey is well respected across the country. He's on several NCAA committees.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
That's a possibility, but Slive was still in office when the Ole Miss investigation began.

Ole Miss was sloppy in their recruiting. Not much a commissioner can do when the program is still cheating while they have a NOA in their hands.

Also, Sankey is well respected across the country. He's on several NCAA committees.
I'm getting old. I'm always worrying about what could go wrong; seen too much. I would dearly love to be proven wrong on Sankey. I think he means well.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I always enjoy this thread getting bumped with hopes of something else bad happens to the vols besides just a bad year in football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.