Link: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Botch Jones

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Re: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Butch Jones

I love this article. It is much better to see these bad things about other programs than to read about the Kiffin saga or transferring QB's. Of course I am reading the threads about Kiffin and transferring QB's.

CapitalTider

All-American
Jun 8, 2004
Vienna, VA

Interesting article and it confirms some of my suspicions. I thought the injury problems could be related to S&C. Lack of discipline and entitled players isn't surprising.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Ouch! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Sounds eerily similar to a former Alabama coach who played favorites, coddled highly rated recruits and was slack in the enforcement of weight room discipline.

I'm highly skeptical of reporters who quote without attribution. But this story has the ring of truth. If just half of it really is true, this won't end well for the arnge. Breaks my heart.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

Great article thanks for sharing.

Oh, Butch. Most of this jives with what I've heard about Butch's tenure -- promises and coddling to get recruits who then think they run the show and don't want to work hard. It feels like his days are numbered unless something changes... I suspect they don't want to eat the buyout.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Yesterday, one of the top recruits in the nation Trey Smith committed to Tennessee. While his sister works in the recruiting office, he said one of the reasons he picked UT was because Butch and UT would help him with his "brand." That goes along with what the article says about Butch making promises in the recruiting process.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Tennessee is still recruiting surprisingly well.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

So other than that...2017 is Tennessee's year, guys!

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

So other than that...2017 is Tennessee's year, guys!
Yeah, and Peytie Boy himself said to Verne and Gary "We got the right man," so don't argue with a legend in the know and go Booch kicking the program's surefire savior to curb.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

I like Butch and support him 100%.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

Normally I would feel sorry for a coach and a program such as one outlined in that article. In this case, I feel more like celebrating. :wink:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Yesterday, one of the top recruits in the nation Trey Smith committed to Tennessee. While his sister works in the recruiting office, he said one of the reasons he picked UT was because Butch and UT would help him with his "brand." That goes along with what the article says about Butch making promises in the recruiting process.
Well, with this stuff going on over there, you winning streak is going to obscenely long.

RdunawayTX

3rd Team
Sep 24, 2011

I am deeply sorry for the struggles of the Tennessee football program. I wish them luck in their climb back to the top.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.