Link: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Botch Jones

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Re: Inside the Failing of Tennessee Program Under Butch Jones

During a recent visit, a college football source said it appeared as if everyone in the building was in the dumps.
“I think that place can be so great. I really do.” he said. “But it just looked like everyone there had been punched right in the face. It was bad.”
tee hee

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

As i read the post, I know we want to beat Aubarn every year but I fell this hatred for UcheaT will not die for another generation. Such is life.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

As i read the post, I know we want to beat Aubarn every year but I fell this hatred for UcheaT will not die for another generation. Such is life.
Not that soon. Younger Bama fans should make a point to fully learn the history of Tennessee's deceit. Be vigilant. As sure as you draw your next breath, that snake will strike again. Or we could all just soften up and say "Golly gee, Tennessee's not so bad, this is a great rivalry!" See what happens then.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012

Lies, propaganda, and disinformation. Butch is the greatest coach at 10rc since General Neyland, and I hope he retires in Knoxville 😁

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Great read, thanks for posting. I admit, I bought into the Tennessee hype at the beginning the season because I felt that the program had made steady progression in Butch's first 3 yrs and that they were due for a comeback. But after all that has happened, this article just confirms what I already thought--Butch is just in over his head. He's basically an '8-4' coach that is probably more suited for a mid-level program in the Midwest or Rust Belt. Barring a miraculous turnaround next season and much to the chagrin of us Bama fans, he's going to be fired.

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Lies, propaganda, and disinformation. Butch is the greatest coach at 10rc since General Neyland, and I hope he retires in Knoxville 😁
Seconded. Give that man a 1 billion dollar buyout and let the good times roll.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Jones comes across as a man with serious anger issues. He is setting a bad example for the Tennessee players. Some of the TN guys are already trying to play rougher than the rules allow. I blame Butch.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

Great read, thanks for posting. I admit, I bought into the Tennessee hype at the beginning the season because I felt that the program had made steady progression in Butch's first 3 yrs and that they were due for a comeback. But after all that has happened, this article just confirms what I already thought--Butch is just in over his head. He's basically an '8-4' coach that is probably more suited for a mid-level program in the Midwest or Rust Belt. Barring a miraculous turnaround next season and much to the chagrin of us Bama fans, he's going to be fired.
And, in reality, isn't that what UT really is? An '8-4' type program? Since the 1957 season (year before Coach Bryant came to Bama), they've had fourteen 10+ win seasons. In contrast, we've had 30. I think Butch has built them back up to where they actually are supposed to be. So, keep up the good work Coach!!! :D

tidegrandpa

All-American

Not that soon. Younger Bama fans should make a point to fully learn the history of Tennessee's deceit. Be vigilant. As sure as you draw your next breath, that snake will strike again. Or we could all just soften up and say "Golly gee, Tennessee's not so bad, this is a great rivalry!" See what happens then.
In 1974, everyone on my floor at Rose Tower hated 10RC, long before Fullmer. Always have, always will.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

“We’ll be working to be champions each and every day,” Jones told reporters in December 2012. “We will be a champion in everything we do.”

Champions of Life!

ETA: Travis Haney is a good reporter but I do not like articles that mention this or that "source." I understand why anonymity is necessary but this is a dumb pet peeve of mine. If all of this is true then this ship has sailed a long time ago. I know several UT fans who want both the AD and football coach from UTC.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA

The problem is that Botch hasn't had time to turn the program around. They could fix this by extending his contract by at least five years and doubling his buyout to show faith in him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.