Link: LSU CB Tre'Davis White Thinks LSU is Better Club Than Alabama

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They should have kept that in the locker room then!
The problem is in not recognizing the truth and working to overcome the deficiencies in their program that led to those losses. Orgeron is not helping his players by telling them that they were good enough to win a national championship this year. This kid said that this wasn't about moral victories, but he is absolutely carrying around one in his own mind. The better team lost in his mind.

If you are an Alabama fan, you want every team in the SEC thinking this way.

The problem is in not recognizing the truth and working to overcome the deficiencies in their program that led to those losses. Orgeron is not helping his players by telling them that they were good enough to win a national championship this year. This kid said that this wasn't about moral victories, but he is absolutely carrying around one in his own mind. The better team lost in his mind.

I mean I do, but they are a fun bunch. I'm happy wth their logic.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I mean I do, but they are a fun bunch. I'm happy wth their logic.

Same here,I hope they keep Orgeron for 40 years. He is an excellent recruiter but not so good of a coach. He doesn't develop his players because he tells them how good they are coming out of high school and gives them a false sense of how good they are already. He is a good person and everyone seems to like him though. (I miss the grass eater).

Last edited:
Same here,I hope they keep Orgeron for 40 years. He is an excellent recruiter but not so good of a coach. He doesn't develop his players because he tells them how good they are coming out of high school and gives them a false sense of how good they are already. He is a good person and everyone seems to like him though. (I miss the grass eater).
Yeah, I do too. lol

Sterling91

Dec 7, 2016
Alabama
Until teams stop focusing their entire season around beating us they will never properly maintain a consistent performance. It's hard to stay motivated when your season is ruined by a single loss. Or even if you win you are emotionally drained. It shows how much LSU cannot stand our recent run against them when their players are STILL talking about this game. You have a bowl game to prepare for, try ending the season on a high note.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

I have mixed feelings on this. I agree that you need to recognize your shortcomings and work hard every day to correct them and improve -- but I also think there's something said for confidence and swagger. If you're LSU you don't want your players thinking Alabama is any better than you (even if all proven science suggests that in fact, they are.)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Definition of Delusional
1. Having false or unrealistic opinions or beliefs
2. Maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think the writer needed something to write about, because, in reality, what the kid said wasn't that bad.
I mean, "I think we're the better club but they won the game and that's that" pretty much say's to me that he thought his team was better but lost, so he's actually giving Bama credit in an about and around way? Make sense?
Regardless, it must be a slow day in the sports news department because that's about as newsworthy as me taking my dog for a walk lol :)

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
They should be proud. They played a great game. And you can expect this kind of talk with Orgeron at the helm. This is exactly how he thinks and talks. This player is probably parroting what he heard in the locker room from said coach.
Thought they only heard YAW YAW

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It's bad because it is not an accurate statement. If their only loss was to us and if they had crossed our 30 yard line I may see it as not bad but they lost 4 games. If the scenario was flipped and one of our players said this I would be embarrassed.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have mixed feelings on this. I agree that you need to recognize your shortcomings and work hard every day to correct them and improve -- but I also think there's something said for confidence and swagger. If you're LSU you don't want your players thinking Alabama is any better than you (even if all proven science suggests that in fact, they are.)
After the loss in the 2008 SECCG, I doubt that Saban told the team that they were better than Florida. I guarantee that he told them why they fell short and then provided a road map to close the gap.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.