First Dinosaur Tail Found Preserved in Amber

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Amazing find!

The tail of a 99-million-year-old dinosaur, including bones, soft tissue, and even feathers, has been found preserved in amber, according to a report published today in the journal Current Biology.

While individual dinosaur-era feathers have been found in amber, and evidence for feathered dinosaurs is captured in fossil impressions, this is the first time that scientists are able to clearly associate well-preserved feathers with a dinosaur, and in turn gain a better understanding of the evolution and structure of dinosaur feathers.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...tail-amber-theropod-myanmar-burma-cretaceous/

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Serious answer - All birds trace their evolutionary roots to small coelusarian therapod dinosaurs. They are technically a dinosaur group, Maniraptora. They are distant cousins of the Tyrannosauroids.
amazing what can happen in 6 thousand years

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Cool find in one of my favorite countries to visit. There's no telling what could be found in the "jade hills" of Myanmar if they were able to excavate it. The Kachin people will never let that happen (contrary to the article). Huge progress has been made there (I was there last year on April 1 when the "new government" took over. People finally have hope). But much more needs to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.