Peach Bowl Prep Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Maybe you guys are misreading this and the staff is being ultra-cautious in the first half of practices? Wear a knee braces if you're a little dinged, sit out if you have a little pull, give a freshman more snaps with the first teams, etc.

Dakota Ball's freak accident (who knows he may even end up available, we don't know the extent of the injury though) and the Holcombe thing today are the biggest concerns right now to me. Neither are front-line guys though...we'll know more about Holcombe when Saban speaks to the media again.
I like your view of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I notice he referred to Sark as "offensive coordinator". Did I miss something? Is Kiffin not staying through the playoffs or did the writer just leave off the word "future"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm not being negative, just a bit realistic. I hope Marlon and Tony are at least 95% for the playoffs.
Our depth and hoss cat freshmen DB's are an absolute blessing to have.
But I still hope that the more experienced guys can at least go "almost all out".

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm not being negative, just a bit realistic. I hope Marlon and Tony are at least 95% for the playoffs.
Our depth and hoss cat freshmen DB's are an absolute blessing to have.
But I still hope that the more experienced guys can at least go "almost all out".
Saban said that Marlon was practicing "full go", and Brown is now getting all his reps.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Interesting seeing Brother Oliver was there...but he did coach Jeremy Pruitt when he was at Alabama in 1995 so it's possible Coach Pruitt invited him.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
He played as a graduate student I believe. I say "played" but I'm not sure how much time he saw on the field.
once i left t-town in 93 and until 99 or so when i first found the pre-crash version of tidefans, i wasn't able to follow bama closely enough to know who was on the roster other than a few starters.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Interesting seeing Brother Oliver was there...but he did coach Jeremy Pruitt when he was at Alabama in 1995 so it's possible Coach Pruitt invited him.
Always good to have a great defensive coach at practice even if he did venture to the dark side back in the day. I wonder if he is having any input with Pruitt.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Holcombe was back at practice and appeared to be 100% according to reports. Also, Ardarius got some reps at QB. I don't think we will need it to beat Washington but, wouldn't be surprised if we have a couple of "trick" plays he can run really well. I'd also assume we are taking time this week to make sure have a Wildcat type package (70% runs/jet sweep/option and 30% pass) for him to run should Jalen get injured.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Holcombe was back at practice and appeared to be 100% according to reports. Also, Ardarius got some reps at QB. I don't think we will need it to beat Washington but, wouldn't be surprised if we have a couple of "trick" plays he can run really well. I'd also assume we are taking time this week to make sure have a Wildcat type package (70% runs/jet sweep/option and 30% pass) for him to run should Jalen get injured.
I suspect Ardarius took those reps not for trick plays but to be ready in case Jalen gets injured. Isn't the first time this season he's taken reps at QB.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't see the point of the wildcat...most certainly an emergency QB situation that they're grooming. Both Bateman and Cornwell have been dinged up...Bateman will probably still be the first guy off the bench but DC may not be good to go right now.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
That`s great news if accurate. Guy`s a fiend on special teams plus we can use the depth at ILB.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Saban makes a statement about bowls

Thanks goodness he went after the media who caused this playoff mess. I totally agree with him the rest of the bowls are diluted. I think the BCS was not great but we kept the bowls and it seems CNS feels the same way based on his comments.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban says Ardarius has a pulled muscle and was limited during practice. He wasn't actually working at QB today.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Saban makes a statement about bowls

Care to share what his statement was?

Or are you referencing his comments from an ESPN interview that are being discussed in another thread?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Saban makes a statement about bowls

It was in his Wednesday presser. Probably can be discussed in the Peach Bowl media thread honestly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.