Peach Bowl Prep Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Lots of "pulled muscles" if you get where I'm going...

Seems like we're tapping the shoulders of guys and holding them out a bit if they're a little dinged up or just flat out trying to keep some guys fresh and give opportunities to younger depth guys.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Saban says Ardarius has a pulled muscle and was limited during practice. He wasn't actually working at QB today.
Why are so many guys getting pulled muscles after being off just 2 weeks? I know they worked out and ran, etc during the break even if they did not have organized practices. We really need Ardarius to be 100% healthy. Hopefully it is not serious, but practice reps are needed too.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

Seems like we're tapping the shoulders of guys and holding them out a bit if they're a little dinged up or just flat out trying to keep some guys fresh and give opportunities to younger depth guys.
I think you are on to something. I think Saban's attitude to constant max effort has been evolving over the last few years. He seems more attentive to fatigue as a reality of performance instead of an excuse. He's talked about using that bio-metric system (I forget the name) that measures a player's overall physical status. It may well be that he is pacing the players (a little) so they don't wear out from practice.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Saban said that he was going to try a few new things to keep the players fresh while getting the team ready for Washington.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think that is what we're seeing to some degree but Saban is never going to reveal that much to the media. At this point in the year, everybody has some bruises and little muscle deals. So he probably isn't exactly lying but it is somewhat a misdirection.

If we hear about guys being out in the post-Christmas practices, then we've gotta problem.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Saban says Ardarius has a pulled muscle and was limited during practice. He wasn't actually working at QB today.
There's a pic on Twitter of him throwing a ball standing beside JH.

I guess they could have just been tossing the ball around before practice.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
There's a pic on Twitter of him throwing a ball standing beside JH.

I guess they could have just been tossing the ball around before practice.
Nick seemed pretty ....ed off it was even brought up by the media. Something tells me Lane probably got a butt chewing for having him doing that in the session open to the media. Even if Stewart were getting reps what frekin good does it do to alert Washington? Sometimes the media really needs to shut up. Personally, I have no idea why they even open practice to them. Wouldn't be surprised if they were not allowed the rest of the season.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Nick seemed pretty ....ed off it was even brought up by the media. Something tells me Lane probably got a butt chewing for having him doing that in the session open to the media. Even if Stewart were getting reps what frekin good does it do to alert Washington? Sometimes the media really needs to shut up. Personally, I have no idea why they even open practice to them. Wouldn't be surprised if they were not allowed the rest of the season.
IDK. It seems equally likely that he was giving WA a little extra to think about... :D

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
It was mentioned in the Al.com article.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...ce_report_receiv_1.html#incart_river_home_pop

"There is no reason for that," coach Nick Saban said after practice of Stewart working some with the quarterbacks during drills. "I mean, he's got a pulled muscle, and he's limited in practice, so I don't know of any reason for it. And if we had a reason for it, do you think I would tell you?"
After completing a fade pass in the end zone to receiver Xavian Marks, Stewart playfully held up both hands like he was signaling a touchdown

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
It was mentioned in the Al.com article.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...ce_report_receiv_1.html#incart_river_home_pop

"There is no reason for that," coach Nick Saban said after practice of Stewart working some with the quarterbacks during drills. "I mean, he's got a pulled muscle, and he's limited in practice, so I don't know of any reason for it. And if we had a reason for it, do you think I would tell you?"
After completing a fade pass in the end zone to receiver Xavian Marks, Stewart playfully held up both hands like he was signaling a touchdown
Love this quote...

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
This is exactly what I thought as well. It's rare that CNS ever trips over himself in a press conference. He said exactly what he wanted Washington's coaching staff to hear.
Exactly this. Also don't think it was a coincidence that Stewart completed a TD pass in the open session either. Even if we never run it, don't think for a minute the UW staff isn't factoring it in as something they have to practice for. Plus, who knows, on one of the jet sweeps we might hand it off instead of tossing it up and then Stewart would still be able to throw.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.