Peach Bowl Prep Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
When you think about it almost every jet sweep or pop pass has that potential because of DBs leaving coverage to go tackle. Enough Y separation and... "Let her fly!!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the Bowl game last night, Ohio's QB had a great fake where it looked like a run play and he backed up and let it rip. The CB for Troy reacted to the fake and wasn't able to recover... 6 pts.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
When you think about it almost every jet sweep or pop pass has that potential because of DBs leaving coverage to go tackle. Enough Y separation and... "Let her fly!!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The "pop pass" is a forward pass so you can't throw it a 2nd time. It only works if it's a handoff.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
If he runs an end around, they have to worry about him pulling up and chunking it. Washington's coach is going to have some trickeration and I think CNS might have some too.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
Because Ardarius is a better passer than Jalen?

I don't see how this gives UW anything more to think about than they already have. If we really wanted to accomplish that, you'd see pictures of David Cornwell taking reps, no?
Yeah, I don't think Ardarius lining up at QB really changes much as far as defensive prep. Just tell the D to play it the same as if Jalen were back there. They will probably already have a spy on the QB anyway.

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
The "pop pass" is a forward pass so you can't throw it a 2nd time. It only works if it's a handoff.
Same for the way we run the jet sweep. That's a pass. We'd have to switch it up to a handoff. On the pop pass, the WR would have to drop back a yard or so deeper.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I was never really worried about that one...I felt like the SECCG hold out was purely precautionary for the postseason.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.