Cam Robinson Wins 2016 Outland Trophy (Most Outstanding Interior OL)

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I congratulate Cam, but I do wonder if this is based more on previous years and reputation because I have heard several people whose knowledge of the offensive line I respect say he hasn't been as good this year and that Jonah has often graded out better. I am just curious and happy he won, but there have been some years where I thought Bama guys deserved awards that were won by other guys that I thought were based on rep.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I congratulate Cam, but I do wonder if this is based more on previous years and reputation because I have heard several people whose knowledge of the offensive line I respect say he hasn't been as good this year and that Jonah has often graded out better. I am just curious and happy he won, but there have been some years where I thought Bama guys deserved awards that were won by other guys that I thought were based on rep.
He is the best run blocking offensive lineman in college right now.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Probably 90% of our rushing yardage was gained running to the right, running behind Jonah Williams, or up the middle.
Congrats to our left tackle. I'm sure he'll go high in the draft.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Probably 90% of our rushing yardage was gained running to the right, running behind Jonah Williams, or up the middle.
Congrats to our left tackle. I'm sure he'll go high in the draft.
I'd like to see that really broken down, because I don't think it'd be nearly like that.

I know down at the goal line, more often than not, when we ran, we ran right behind Cam and Ross, and Cam plowed his guy away leaving some pretty big holes that got out lead blockers into the second level untouched. I seem to recall he only allowed one QB sack all year as well - of course that has a lot to do with JH being so mobile but he was still sacked 16 times...

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
It seems to me he has played really well, especially the last half of the season. I don't think he has ever been consistently beaten by any of the "great" DE's that he has played against during his time in crimson.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
I'd like to see that really broken down, because I don't think it'd be nearly like that.

I know down at the goal line, more often than not, when we ran, we ran right behind Cam and Ross, and Cam plowed his guy away leaving some pretty big holes that got out lead blockers into the second level untouched. I seem to recall he only allowed one QB sack all year as well - of course that has a lot to do with JH being so mobile but he was still sacked 16 times...
I agree. I know a lot of Bo's yards came on the left side. Also almost every time the jet sweep seemed to "work", it was run to Cam's side.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Cam had very few whiffs this year - not sure how many sacks he allowed, but that number is pretty low.

In fact, the only criticism I had for Cam this season what his propensity for false starts - seems like he was good for at least one evert game. Other than that, he had a great year.

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL
He was a little shaky starting the year (which I think was due to health more than anything), but he was absolutely dominant during the later part of the year; and against really good defensive lines - LSU, Barn, and Florida.

Cam had a poor start to the season. He came on strong as it went on. You could see him getting better and better. At then end, there was nobody on any offensive line in the country playing as well as him. He wasn't giving up anything whether it was sacks, penalties, etc. Plus, he was pushing his man way down the field. Somebody took note of that and thus, he's the winner of the trophy because of that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From College Football Film Room prior to the SECCG:

And from Tuesday:

Alabama LT Cam Robinson has allowed 9 QB pressures this season, including 2 sacks. He allowed 26 QB pressures, including 9 sacks, in 2015.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.