News Article: Alabama Holds Players-only Meeting after Slow Start

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Wish they would hold some player only shoot arounds..
That's the truth.

You never know how these players-only meetings turn out but there is hope that the team will continue to gel on the court. There have been times when the 5 on the court moved the ball well and worked together well. There have been times when some players appeared to "space out" so maybe a meeting like this will improve focus during games and help players put errors behind them quickly.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
That's the truth.

You never know how these players-only meetings turn out but there is hope that the team will continue to gel on the court. There have been times when the 5 on the court moved the ball well and worked together well. There have been times when some players appeared to "space out" so maybe a meeting like this will improve focus during games and help players put errors behind them quickly.
Yep. Looks like we'll have to wait until next years recruiting class is on campus before we really improve. I thought we'd be a bit better than what we've show so far this season. I'm staying patient but next year HAS to be a big improvement..

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Sometimes players just need to hash things out among themselves. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be the first chink in Johnson's armor as a head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep. Looks like we'll have to wait until next years recruiting class is on campus before we really improve. I thought we'd be a bit better than what we've show so far this season. I'm staying patient but next year HAS to be a big improvement..
You are not staying patient based on your comments. Too early to give up on this team. If you want to take the first 7 or 8 games and judge a teams success go for it but you are being shortsighted. Seems to me the only team to make it to the Elite 8 in the history of our program was very average to start the year and the most recent UCONN team to win the NC had 10+ losses with many early on.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I still believe this team can and will improve. Have to remember all the experts picked us to finish near the bottom of the SEC before the year started. I think we will surprise some people.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.