CIA: Russia influenced election to help Trump win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
As a note, my feelings here are consistent with my feelings regarding whistleblower Snowden. Meh. The exposure of secrets is a refreshing check on those wielding power over us.

Furthermore the exposure of DNC "secrets", which anyone with half a brain cell knew what was going on behind DNC closed doors with respect to the election anyway, had zip to do with her losing.

Nevertheless, I assume the left's autoeroticism will continue.

Last edited:

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I would expect our government to try to find out what happened and by who. If they do, then what? Cyber retaliation, sanctions of some sort, war?

I just get the feeling that the only thing that would make Hillary supporters happy would be for all non Hillary supporters to acquiesce to Hillary taking the oath of office on January 20.

As an aside, the Russians didn't need to leak anything to convince me to not vote for Hillary, and they couldn't leak enough to make me vote for Trump.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Whenever anything bad happens to a Clinton it's always part of some vast conspiracy. It's never by their own hand.

Russia/Putin didn't cause her campaign to not visit Wisconsin once, only focus on Philadelphia to win Pennsylvania, disregard the electorate in numerous other Obama counties that flipped to Trump or spend time in Arizona in the last weeks to win that state as a symbolic spike in the end zone. They also didn't set up her own private email server, have her husband secretly meet with the AG in a private jet while in the midst of an FBI investigation nor call half of the opposition deplorable.

No, the only thing that caused her defeat was Russian actors releasing stolen but factual emails of her campaign manager.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I would expect our government to try to find out what happened and by who. If they do, then what? Cyber retaliation, sanctions of some sort, war?

I just get the feeling that the only thing that would make Hillary supporters happy would be for all non Hillary supporters to acquiesce to Hillary taking the oath of office on January 20.

As an aside, the Russians didn't need to leak anything to convince me to not vote for Hillary, and they couldn't leak enough to make me vote for Trump.
I don't want Hillary as President, never did, still don't. Hell the GOP won, give it to Paul Ryan, don't care. But it should bother all of us that a foreign power and one that my entire 46 years I've been told by the GOP to be afraid of picked a side and played dirty to get their candidate elected.

Why does Putin want Trump to be President? it is the only question that should be of concern to any of us and is should concern all of us.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I don't want Hillary as President, never did, still don't. Hell the GOP won, give it to Paul Ryan, don't care. But it should bother all of us that a foreign power and one that my entire 46 years I've been told by the GOP to be afraid of picked a side and played dirty to get their candidate elected.

Why does Putin want Trump to be President? it is the only question that should be of concern to any of us and is should concern all of us.
I'll play. Maybe he doesn't respect Hillary as a world leader. Your turn.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let's be blunt:

So far Camp Clinton has blamed James Comey, fake news, racism, sexism, the Electoral College, and now computer hacking for their loss.

I have ZERO DOUBT that Russia attempted to INFLUENCE the election. Y'all are naive if you think this is the first, second, or third time anything like this has happened.

Prove to me they somehow created votes in key states and you might have a point.

But you don't have a point because there's none to be made. (Anyone else noting the irony of DEMOCRATS now complaining about vote/voter fraud?). Russia influenced the election. Anyone surprised? (Looks around and sees no hands). Then discussion over at that point.

I voted none of the above, so I have no stake in it. But...if THIS is the Democratic 'comeback,' it's off to a terrible start to put it mildly.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

That's the best point I've heard in the whole ruckus.

What 'dirty play' did they do, though?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
That's the best point I've heard in the whole ruckus.

What 'dirty play' did they do, though?
hacking personnel email and releasing them publicly while also fueling and perpetuating the worst of the resulting conspiracy theories to discredit a candidate isn't dirty to you?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I'd bet because Manafort told him he could be manipulated, just like German industrialists thought a certain Austrian corporal could be controlled.

As the counter, though, I would remind you that the German high command in 1918 injected Vladimir Lenin into Russian society like a virus, and you see how well that worked out for Germany. I wonder how many Germans died as a result of that decision.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'd bet because Manafort told him he could be manipulated, just like German industrialists thought a certain Austrian corporal could be controlled.

As the counter, though, I would remind you that the German high command in 1918 injected Vladimir Lenin into Russian society like a virus, and you see how well that worked out for Germany. I wonder how many Germans died as a result of that decision.
I'm really only concerned about what happens to American's due to Russia injecting Trump into our society though I appreciate the history lesson

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I'm really only concerned about what happens to American's due to Russia injecting Trump into our society though I appreciate the history lesson
My point was that Putin may believe that helping Trump get elected may look like what is best for Russia, but that those judgments sometimes do not turn out the way foreigners think they will.

When I heard that Manafort had led the charge in the Republican platform committee to remove pro-Ukraine/anti-Russia language, that raised my eyebrows.
On the other hand, I'm certain that Brezhnev preferred Carter to Reagan and Putin wanted Obama to beat Romney in 2012, and I'd bet that the FSB engaged in shenanigans to help Obama get elected.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

and it would have worked out fine if the german's hadn't overreached and bombed pearl harbor

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
This.

I'm seeing a ton of mental gymnastics in this thread to dodge the critical point. Russia has unleashed a global espionage offensive aimed at manipulating the elections of NATO and EU countries. Are we okay with that? McConnell playing partisan politics with our national security and endangering the foundation of our democracy I do not forgive; but I understand it, because he's a tool. I'd believed that most on this board consider themselves better than McConnell, but maybe they were wrong.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
This.

I'm seeing a ton of mental gymnastics in this thread to dodge the critical point. Russia has unleashed a global espionage offensive aimed at manipulating the elections of NATO and EU countries. Are we okay with that? McConnell playing partisan politics with our national security and endangering the foundation of our democracy I do not forgive; but I understand it, because he's a tool. I'd believed that most on this board consider themselves better than McConnell, but maybe they were wrong.
Do you think we don't do the same? It's all a game on the global scale.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.