CIA: Russia influenced election to help Trump win

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
It's the type of stuff that divides the country.

Political debate is one thing but there comes a time when these people need to set that aside for the sake of the country.
Finally we agree on something. Now when are you going to D.C. to convince Trump to set aside his ... well everything?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Finally we agree on something. Now when are you going to D.C. to convince Trump to set aside his ... well everything?
That's pretty funny. Actually Trump has done a pretty amazing job since the final weeks of the campaign in all that he's accomplished. He's put together a fantastic group of extremely accomplished and diverse individuals to provide support for his presidency.

The negative stuff you hear is just whining from those who either don't like the man - and never will - no matter what he does....or just those from the left who are trying to please their voter base.

The fact remains he is kicking ... so far....and I can't wait to see what happens in his first year!

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
That's pretty funny. Actually Trump has done a pretty amazing job since the final weeks of the campaign in all that he's accomplished. He's put together a fantastic group of extremely accomplished and diverse individuals to provide support for his presidency.

The negative stuff you hear is just whining from those who either don't like the man - and never will - no matter what he does....or just those from the left who are trying to please their voter base.

The fact remains he is kicking ... so far....and I can't wait to see what happens in his first year!
To your point, what potential political cost will John Lewis pay for his comments and actions? Will his district have a greater potential for tossing him out of Congress? No, not at all. He may in fact occupy one of the safest congressional seats in the country. His comments are fodder for his base. No great sacrifice on his part.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL

I hear you like Kool-Aid. Where can I get some?

I respect that you believe that he has hit home runs with every one of his choices. I am also interested in some of your logical reasoning to get where you think some of these are good fits for the positions. Tillerson, knowing everything that is on record from the mans own mouth, shouldn't be anywhere near a position where he is negotiating for what is in the best interest of the US. Carson for HUD, is just crazy. I could go on. I will admit there about three really solid picks on his lineup.

For the record, I know many cabinet positions are about paying back political favors, and Obama was terrible about putting unqualified people in some of these positions. But it is almost like anyone who is a Trump supporter I talk to lately is unable to believe that anything he does is wrong.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

I respect that you believe that he has hit home runs with every one of his choices. I am also interested in some of your logical reasoning to get where you think some of these are good fits for the positions. Tillerson, knowing everything that is on record from the mans own mouth, shouldn't be anywhere near a position where he is negotiating for what is in the best interest of the US. Carson for HUD, is just crazy. I could go on. I will admit there about three really solid picks on his lineup.

For the record, I know many cabinet positions are about paying back political favors, and Obama was terrible about putting unqualified people in some of these positions. But it is almost like anyone who is a Trump supporter I talk to lately is unable to believe that anything he does is wrong.
Tillerson is a much better choice for SoS than several of the previous incumbents. Impressive choice in my opinion.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Sorry, maybe I should have been clearer - I mean some of those who are threatening the band director because his marching band is performing at the inauguration.

I don't hate Trump, but I find him repulsive and want nothing to do with him. But I'm not interested in seeing him or any of his supporters injured, and there are lots of lefties who have come out of the woodwork wanting just that.

Not different than some of the nastiness we heard when Obama was elected - just as spiteful, just as hateful - and from those who profess to be tolerant, accepting, etc...

THAT'S hypocrisy.
fair, and I agree

I'm ok with a band refusing to play but not ok with forcing a band to take that position. It is up to them

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Well, actually I don't agree 100% with everything Trump says and does so sorry no Kool-Aid...just trying to take out the partisanship and looking at things in an unbiased fashion.

I know it's a unique approach but that's how I roll! :)

As for whether or not you like his choices for cabinet....time will tell...but I'm on board with every one, for now.

Thanks for your reply and input!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
To your point, what potential political cost will John Lewis pay for his comments and actions? Will his district have a greater potential for tossing him out of Congress? No, not at all. He may in fact occupy one of the safest congressional seats in the country. His comments are fodder for his base. No great sacrifice on his part.
Great point.....none of these 31 congress people will lose votes as they all come from very solid liberal districts. Very brave of them to act like such babies....

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.