CIA: Russia influenced election to help Trump win

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You don't have to agree with me. But I guess I'm being disagreeable in saying so.
No, you're being obnoxious when, instead of an intelligent response, you make some snarky remark about being blind. But, it's NS, so have at it. You obviously enjoy it, even if it's not your field of expertise... ;)

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
No, you're being obnoxious when, instead of an intelligent response, you make some snarky remark about being blind. But, it's NS, so have at it. You obviously enjoy it, even if it's not your field of expertise... ;)
My "blind" comment was no more snarky than the statement to which it was directed. I then responded a few posts later to the non-snarky portion. And I fully understand that I'm no expert when it comes to snark. There are clearly plenty others on this board who are far more accomplished. I admire their talent.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
My "blind" comment was no more snarky than the statement to which it was directed. I then responded a few posts later to the non-snarky portion. And I fully understand that I'm no expert when it comes to snark. There are clearly plenty others on this board who are far more accomplished. I admire their talent.
It is doubtful that the snarkiness of the snarkiest can not be topped no matter how snarky you try to be. ;)

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Bloomberg: Trump Slams NATO, Floats Russia Nuke Deal in European Interview

Donald Trump called NATO obsolete, predicted that other European Union members would follow the U.K. in leaving the bloc, and threatened BMW with import duties over a planned plant in Mexico, according to two European newspapers which conducted a joint interview with the president-elect.

Trump, in an hourlong discussion with Germany’s Bild and the Times of London published on Sunday, signaled a major shift in trans-Atlantic relations, including an interest in lifting U.S. sanctions on Russia as part of a nuclear weapons reduction deal.

Quoted in German by Bild from a conversation held in English, Trump predicted that Britain’s exit from the EU will be a success and portrayed the EU as an instrument of German domination designed with the purpose of beating the U.S. in international trade. For that reason, Trump said, he’s fairly indifferent to whether the EU stays together, according to Bild.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
After the head of the CIA questioned whether Trump fully understood the complexities of our relationship with Russia, Trump accuses him of leaking the dossier.

President-elect Trump said:
"Outgoing CIA Chief, John Brennan, blasts Pres-Elect Trump on Russia threat. Does not fully understand." Oh really, couldn't do much worse - just look at Syria (red line), Crimea, Ukraine and the build-up of Russian nukes. Not good! Was this the leaker of Fake News?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
After the head of the CIA questioned whether Trump fully understood the complexities of our relationship with Russia, Trump accuses him of leaking the dossier.
he has zero clue what he is doing, he is just "shaking things up" to save the day for 'murica and the rubes are eating it up like it is candy

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
This behavior reminds me of the several times I've had incompetent managers come in to business organizations.

1. Float a lot of significantly different ideas that make people think you are "shaking things up"
2. Be extremely belligerent when anyone questions your motives/understanding.
3. Rinse and repeat until you're found out.

Managers in the business world typically get paid a large amount of money. It is important for their managers to feel as if they have made a good decision and will get a good return on investment, so it is important for the newly hired manager to show that they are doing something. No matter the fact that they most often do not understand the domain nor the institutional knowledge that comes from having been part of the team for awhile.

Trump stinks of this behavior. It's always the other guys fault. Any challenge to ideas about bringing in outside shady business partners labels you a non team player. Make grandiose promises about reaching goals without even bothering to understand the goals or the things limiting their realization.

Just an aside. The whole John Lewis thing is ridiculous. He made his name utilizing peaceful protest to enact change. Trump was the most widely known person who questioned the legitimacy of Obama's presidency for at least 7 years. To say that Lewis is not respecting the office while not decrying the behavior of our soon to be Clown in Chief is so absurd that I have no idea how you can possibly do the mental gymnastics to make that worldview fit. Then again it seems you are actually happy with our soon to be Cheeto in Chief so in a way it makes sense.

edit: Dang it 92 I didn't read the end before I hit reply so I missed your "shake things up" post. Not trying to plagiarize.

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
he has zero clue what he is doing, he is just "shaking things up" to save the day for 'murica and the rubes are eating it up like it is candy
Whether he is or is not compromised by Russia, he's sure as hell repeating their talking points at every opportunity.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Whether he is or is not compromised by Russia, he's sure as hell repeating their talking points at every opportunity.
you see the Timeline that showed he started backing down on Ukraine and Crimea right after Manafort met with the Ruskies? Coincidence I'm sure

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Here's one view of Atlanta, albeit a conservative one:

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2015...r-in-atlanta-than-in-san-francisco-or-boston/

The gap between rich and poor has expanded in U.S. cities, and nowhere is that chasm wider than Atlanta.

The top 5% of households earn nearly 20 times the income in the Georgia capital than the bottom 20%. That spread makes Atlanta the city with the highest degree of income inequality, ranking it ahead of San Francisco, Boston and Miami, according to a Brookings Institution study ranked released this week.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
since I'd never heard of Chris Hedges I googled this quote and found the long version

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item...overnments_report_on_alleged_hacking_by_russi

He is a TV presenter on RT America, a cable channel funded and run by The Russian Government did Trump tweet that or did you find that source yourself?

And I'll edit quickly and say, please ask a Ukrainian if Russia is or is not a threat. What a joke
Just don't ask Obama. The 1980's are calling...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.