Latest Bama News 12/12/2016 Thru 12/18/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Kiffin laughs off Alabama rumors, credits Saban for saving career as he starts at FAU-cbs/rbr
He also said he's taking a page out of Saban's book in ignoring what the media says or writes about him. "Why am I going to waste my time?" he recounted from a conversation with Saban. "No disrespect ... I don't care what they say."
He appears to not be taking the opportunity lightly. Kiffin admitted that, in his past jobs, he "was figuring things out one day at a time instead of having a plan." Kiffin was so worried about the Xs and Os on offense that he forgot he needed to manage an entire program, which he will do now as he takes a page from Saban by bringing a CEO approach to his new job.
Kiffin noted that prominent names like Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll were fired from head coaching gigs before finally figuring everything out at future stops. Carroll did not become a great coach until his third job (taking over USC in 2001 at the age of 50). Kiffin is starting his fourth at age 41.
"As hard as some of those times were, when you go through those experiences, you learn from them," he said. "You now know the answers to things."
rber opThis entire article is a pretty good read with a lot of quotes directly from Kiffin himself. I did not like Lane very much up until he was hired here at Alabama, but he has since won me over. I will be rooting for him to turn FAU into a powerful program... And stay there just long enough to be ready to come back when Nick Saban retires.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Four-star safety Daniel Wright has flipped his commitment from the Florida State Seminoles to the Alabama Crimson Tide-si/rbr

Wright originally committed to FSU on June 15 while attending a recruiting camp in Tallahassee.
However, he officially visited Tuscaloosa on Nov. 12 for Alabama’s 51-3 win over Mississippi State. Wright also received a visit from Mario Cristobal, the Tide’s offensive line coach, last Friday.
The real power move by Alabama, though, came on Monday when Nick Saban paid Wright a visit. Clearly, it had an effect, as the 4-star prospect from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida flipped his pledge two days later.
Alabama now has 24 total commitments and still has the No. 1 spot in the 2017 recruiting class rankings.
rbr opWe didn’t really talk about this move last week when it happened, so I’ll mention it now. Wright is the 15th ranked safety in the nation and the 158th overall player. If you thought a Wright playing safety sounded familiar, that’s because his older brother was Major Wright, the Florida Gator safety from back in the Tebow era.
Wright is a 4-star safety with instincts and football savvy, but will most likely need to redshirt in year 1, as he’s under 170 pounds and doesn’t have any standout athletic traits to boot. Regardless, he’ll be a much welcome addition to a depleted safety group for the Tide.
Wright expects to enroll this spring.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.