JessN: With Kiffin leaving, what happens to Bama’s identity?

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
With Kiffin leaving, what happens to Bama’s identity?
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
December 13th, 2016 01:19 AM

If you were shocked by Lane Kiffin leaving Alabama for the head coaching job at Florida Atlantic – which if initial reports are accurate, may have actually resulted in a pay cut – don’t be. There wasn’t much chance Kiffin was going to remain at Alabama as […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Nice Jess. You seem to give more substance to the 3 currently on staff as opposed to some of the more "in the know" posters on the FB board. On the board, Sark seems all but written off and there doesn't seem to be much love for the other two. It's going to be interesting for sure.

Thanks, Jess well written. IIRC Schottenheimer was underwhelming at his brief stop in Athens. Does Sarkisian go with Kiffin to FAU?
This is what I was thinking, but the payday will come up short. Money still controls the mind, somewhat.
With Kiffin leaving, what happens to Bama’s identity?
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
December 13th, 2016 01:19 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Dec. 13, 2016 If you were shocked by Lane Kiffin leaving Alabama for the head coaching job at Florida Atlantic – which if initial reports are accurate, may have actually resulted in a pay cut – don’t be. There wasn’t much chance Kiffin was going to remain at Alabama as […]

Read More Here
Good write up. At first, I was expecting something different. I have to say that everyone talk about it being Saban's defense no matter the coordinator. I think you are right, no matter the coordinator on offense it is still Saban's as well. One can only change the speed of it. Good job sir.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
IMO, I do not believe anything will happen to Bama's identity in the short or long term. I am sure CNS has a plan in place to hire a quality OC and to fine tuning things as needed. If we do not hire from within, I would not mind seeing Art Briles' son hired on as the new OC.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Thanks, Jess well written. IIRC Schottenheimer was underwhelming at his brief stop in Athens. Does Sarkisian go with Kiffin to FAU?
I don't think they can afford him. After writing this, the details of Kiffin's FAU contract came out and he is, indeed, taking a pay cut. I don't look for Kiffin to take anyone with him who is currently either in an on-field capacity or who is a "name" staffer. He might take a graduate assistant or two, or someone from the video staff but FAU is a bottom-rung program and the salaries he can offer will reflect it.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
We have a friend of the Schottenheimer family that posts on here that said the issue at UGA was Richt's meddling in the offense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.