Christmas Presents For the Kid(s)?

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Is there any one special gift you are buying your kid(s) for Christmas and you cant wait to see their face?

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
My middle son is 3, and asked Santa for a robot dinosaur. Santa is getting him a blue robot dinosaur. I'm so excited! 3 year olds are so enthusiastic - I love it.
My youngest is 1, and she's gone crazy for baby dolls every time we're at the store. Santa is bringing her one.
My oldest couldn't make up his mind, but at 7, is at decent shot, so Santa is bringing him an air soft gun set.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tidegrandpa

All-American
My middle son is 3, and asked Santa for a robot dinosaur. Santa is getting him a blue robot dinosaur. I'm so excited! 3 year olds are so enthusiastic - I love it.
My youngest is 1, and she's gone crazy for baby dolls every time we're at the store. Santa is bringing her one.
My oldest couldn't make up his mind, but at 7, is at decent shot, so Santa is bringing him an air soft gun set.

Enjoy every minute with these youngun's. All of mine are taller than me now and I sure miss being Santa.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Enjoy every minute with these youngun's. All of mine are taller than me now and I sure miss being Santa.
Thanks Tidegrandpa. I know I've only got a few years left till my oldest doesn't believe. And it's a bit sad.
But then he can help with the little ones like I did as an older kid. I loved playing Santa for my younger sister.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I have no kids but I do have a niece and 2 nephews. I got my niece a limited edition book “The Outsiders” by S.E. Hinton. She enjoys reading and she asked for the book. She is also quite the artist so I got her some artist markers. She is studying to be an animator and these are very nice. I got my oldest nephew a 2DS. It is really the only thing he wants, they are damn near impossible to find right now. He is well aware of this so I plan on torturing him for this. I am going to get him something else that is really cheap and he will think this is all his uncle got him. He will be surprised later Christmas Day when I ask him to clean up my car. I got my youngest nephew something call Zoomer Marshall Paw Patrol. This kid absolutely loves Paw Patrol so he will be thrilled.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
this will be our daughter's first real "santa" christmas. santa will be getting her a globe, a small casio keyboard (trying to subtly get her into music), and some books/toys of a couple of her favorite characters. the "big" gifts come from my brother and his wife, my step-mom and the other set of grandparents.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
this will be our daughter's first real "santa" christmas. santa will be getting her a globe, a small casio keyboard (trying to subtly get her into music), and some books/toys of a couple of her favorite characters. the "big" gifts come from my brother and his wife, my step-mom and the other set of grandparents.
I see headphones in her future :D

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
My daughter Lily is 10, so this may be the last Christmas involving Santa. I'm surprised some kids at her school haven't broken the news to her yet. I enjoy being Santa, the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny, etc., and it will certainly be a sad day for me when those days come to an end. As far as gifts, my daughter loves books and reads well above her grade level. (If my wife and I have to take away her books in the evening Lily will be under her covers with a flash light reading away. ;) ) So, there will be plenty of books under the tree. And she loves clothes, of course. That's largely it; that's all she's asked for. She has two little cousins, and she likes playing "big sister" to them. She's saved up her money and wants to do the purchasing, so I'll take her shopping for her cousins soon.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
My daughter Lily is 10, so this may be the last Christmas involving Santa. I'm surprised some kids at her school haven't broken the news to her yet. I enjoy being Santa, the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny, etc., and it will certainly be a sad day for me when those days come to an end. As far as gifts, my daughter loves books and reads well above her grade level. (If my wife and I have to take away her books in the evening Lily will be under her covers with a flash light reading away. ;) ) So, there will be plenty of books under the tree. And she loves clothes, of course. That's largely it; that's all she's asked for. She has two little cousins, and she likes playing "big sister" to them. She's saved up her money and wants to do the purchasing, so I'll take her shopping for her cousins soon.
It's a Christmas miracle

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
We've got four boys (ages 1 1/2, 3, 6 & 9) and one girl who's 11. The boys (ALL OF THEM) are into super heroes and star wars. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the star wars movies. Along with the batman, ironman and captain america movies. And to be honest, I enjoy it just as much as they do!!! LOL! At the drop of a hat a lightsaber fight can breakout between all four of them with hair brushes. They'll use anything with a handle as lightsabers. LOL!

My girl? Well, uh, little different. She's into girly stuff which my wife is much better at participating with her in that.

The boys are getting superhero and star wars "stuff", some Bama stuff and my oldest boy is getting an A.J. McCarron Bama fathead.

My daughter is getting clothes, some arts and craft stuff, maybe an earring set and she plays the violin. So I think we're getting her some accessories for that as well.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
We've got four boys (ages 1 1/2, 3, 6 & 9) and one girl who's 11. The boys (ALL OF THEM) are into super heroes and star wars. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the star wars movies. Along with the batman, ironman and captain america movies. And to be honest, I enjoy it just as much as they do!!! LOL! At the drop of a hat a lightsaber fight can breakout between all four of them with hair brushes. They'll use anything with a handle as lightsabers. LOL!

My girl? Well, uh, little different. She's into girly stuff which my wife is much better at participating with her in that.

The boys are getting superhero and star wars "stuff", some Bama stuff and my oldest boy is getting an A.J. McCarron Bama fathead.

My daughter is getting clothes, some arts and craft stuff, maybe an earring set and she plays the violin. So I think we're getting her some accessories for that as well.
Light saber duels are all fun and games until someone gets their eye put out.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
You can bank on the fight getting a little too rough and someone getting cracked over the head or in the face with the "lightsaber". Resulting in offended party crying and rolling on the ground grabbing his head.
Remembering my time as a rough-housing kid, an injury was the only way to know for sure that the game had reached it's natural conclusion.

ETA: Followed by admonishing the younger, injured sibling to be quiet or we'd all get in trouble. ;)

Last edited:

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Light sabers are a big hit here too. Baby girl grabbed the biggest one and started wailing on the Christmas tree. I thought it was hilarious, I think she just wanted to knock a candy cane to within reach. :)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
My kids are 9 and almost 6. I think this is the last year that my oldest will "believe" in Santa. He definitely is asking questions and being suspicious.

His big gift is a new tv for his room...since he has a really small one now. He has absolutely no idea...he never even asked for it. He will be so surprised!

For my youngest, I think I am most excited about giving him a skateboard. It is one of those different kinds, I think called a casterBoard? He has always been asking for one, but never thought I would give him one.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Thanks Tidegrandpa. I know I've only got a few years left till my oldest doesn't believe. And it's a bit sad.
But then he can help with the little ones like I did as an older kid. I loved playing Santa for my younger sister.

If you want to buy a few years.....find you a Santa hat at the store....soot it up a bit....and leave it in your fireplace Christmas morning if you have one. And just wait until they find it on their own....

That bought me at least five years with my oldest. She "said" she didn't believe at one point, but that Santa Hat stayed on the corner of her bed until she was 14.... ;)

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I am not sure if the kids at my 9 year old's school have said anything about Santa. But they did tell him that the elves do not have magic. They told him the parents move them around. He mentioned that to me and I just asked "what do you believe?". He said he still believed. So, I left it like that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.