News Article: Heisman Winner, Others Comment on Jalen Hurts Freshman Season

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Tua will be a true freshman next year just like Hurts was this year. He will have to play catch up to overtake Hurts. I don't know much about Hawaii football, but it certainly isn't the SEC. I am sure he will turn out to be a good one, but Hurts will have the edge going into the spring and fall.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Jalen has had a great season and no disrespect to him, but I'm not so sure he will be the starting quarterback come August. Tua is coming in as a 5* duel threat quarterback, and has a much stronger arm than Jalen. Watch the video's of this kid, he looks just like Marcus Mariota. Jalen struggled with his passing in several games this season, and is his biggest weakness. Coach Saban has already told Tua that if he comes in and beats out Jalen, then the job is his. I'm not saying Jalen will not be our quarterback, but don't go giving him the Hemisman yet when he may not even be our starter.
LOL!! Tua may very well be the starter against FSU next season but I will bet you any amount of money you want to bet it won't be because he beat Jalen out of the job this coming spring and next fall to do it!! ;)

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Tua has the necessary talent needed to compete for the starting job, but we don't know how he will react to the speed of college football. If Jalen gets to where he can hit the broad side of a barn throwing the ball, he won't be displaced by anyone. They are both special talents, and we are lucky to have them. It reminds me of another pair we had in the 60's.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.