Link: UGA Hype Should be Unbearable in 2017 - Chubb and 3 Others Returning for Senior Year

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
one of my eternal truths about georgia: their problems are rarely because of lack of talent.
The other eternal truth is the hype only lasts 4-5 weeks into the season then it turns to recruiting for the following season or the Falcons (which is short lived as well.)

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Eason needs to be better this year or Fromm, the kid coming in, will eventually take his job.

I joked in my first post, but this is a big get for UGA. Eason wasn't the kind of QB nor in the right offense to put up a season good enough for SEC competition as a true freshman. You have to be in the kind of system with easy throws, ideally with the tempo where the OC is making the calls and sight adjustments, and maybe have some mobility to make plays out of nothing when you don't see a clean picture. Eason is a pro passer in a pro style offense expected to make pro-style audibles at the line.

I expect Eason to make a huge jump in 2017...especially considering he gets each of his tailbacks back. Whether it is their year or not? I don't know but they should be MUCH better.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Ga. will need a few more players to buy in to Smart's program, SO... If there is a buy in and Ga has a favorable schedule, and if they can dodge the injury bug...

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Yeah, UGA has underachieved historically but that was under a bunch of "nice guy" coaches. While KS ain't NS he did learn under him for a few years. If he can keep the in state 5*s and get players to buy in and seriously upgrade the strength and conditioning they can at least rule the east. They just weren't strong enough to get a consistent push on the lines and just didn't have enough in the tank in the 4th qtr of a lot of games.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I grew up there and the hype has never not been unbearable :conf2:

I am sort of a 2nd tier dogs fan ... lots of friends that love them as much as we love Bama.
I look forward to CKS getting them turned around.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.