Our Offense's Future with Sarkisian...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I would think that with 3 great athletes and alot of movement that the defenses would get confused easily.
All of our skill players are great athletes. We use a lot of movement now to create confusion. Who are you taking off the field to have 2 RBs in the backfield? Stewart? Ridley? Howard? I'm all for innovation but I don't think 2 RBs in the backfield at the same time really creates any problems for the defense unless you're running a triple option or some other type of option play..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Last year we used a lot of 2 RB personnel but Drake was aligned as a slotback almost every time other than a few i-form looks we used in the playoffs.

We haven't really used 2 RB personnel all that much this year...so it was setup for the surprise i-form we used on Michigan State and Clemson 2 or 3 times.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This year we've most used the WRs at the slotback sweep because we're working with a young QB and that is an easy way to keep them involved in the gameplan. Our best personnel grouping talent-wise is 3 WR (Ridley, Stewart, Dieter), 1 TE (Howard), and 1 Back (Harris/Jacobs/Scarbough). Everyone is a big play threat...if our QB was a bit more polished as a passer, we'd make peak Oregon look like child's play.

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
One, two or no back...I would like to see our O more efficient on first possessions. (That sounds awfully greedy now that I read it...spoiled I guess)..but one thing that stands out in my mind about the CBB's 70's offenses is their ability to set the tone at the beginning of each half. I have no idea of the percentage of first possession touchdowns for each half but I'll bet they were shockingly high...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.