Alabama vs Clemson

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Still, teeth-gnashingly painful to watch - especially in the immediate aftermath of the instant classic UK- UNC game, which is the brand of ball Avery's aiming to put on the floor for 'Bama. Don't know but I might already be thinking of suggesting some transfers, were I he. Shooters may be in the shortest supply for 'Bama ever.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Next year with new players things will get better. This year it looks like the NIT is in the clouds.
FIFY.

That was awful. Wide-open 3: pass. Throw the ball around, and chew up time. Contested, off-balance 3: why not?

What happened to "buckle up"? I guess if you have CAG players you have to play CAG offense.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Shooting has to improve somehow. Combined 19/70 from the floor [emoji15]

Pretty easy to see how to beat this offense. We matched them pretty well outside the 11 minute scoring drought which has been an all too common issue for several years now. We need a quicker offense based on 2pt shots.

What i dont understand is why when you are in the midst of a scoring drought why not change the tempo to more full court press and fast break? We did this in high school and it worked quite a few times. When you are playing slow you have too much time to think about how crappy you are playing. Not so much when we played fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
On a positive note we out rebound Clemson and our foul shooting was improved to 76%. 3 point shooting is awful.

BigA

Scout Team
Dec 21, 2013
Trussville, Al
It would be interesting to know how may of the people who have suggestions and/or negative comments were at the game today or are season ticket holders. For those of us who are invested, it is very frustrating but you have to focus on the bigger picture.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It would be interesting to know how may of the people who have suggestions and/or negative comments were at the game today or are season ticket holders. For those of us who are invested, it is very frustrating but you have to focus on the bigger picture.
So you think somebody has to be a season ticket holder to express an opinion? [emoji849]

I think we're all positive about the future but the present is painful and doesn't look like it's getting any better this year..

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
What i dont understand is why when you are in the midst of a scoring drought why not change the tempo to more full court press and fast break? We did this in high school and it worked quite a few times. When you are playing slow you have too much time to think about how crappy you are playing. Not so much when we played fast.
^^^This^^^

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting a different outcome.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Been 10 years since we have won a NCAA tourney game and we have been to the tourney exactly once in that time frame.Patience is being tested.
I believe that Avery's going to turn us around, but he's not a miracle worker. Our current players don't have the skill sets to beat Oregon's and Clemson's etc.
The fruits of his incredible recruiting efforts will start showing themselves next year when some really good and actual talent starts arriving on campus.
We're 5-5. We've lost to the teams that should have beaten us and pretty much beaten who we are currently capable of beating.
Gotta show a little patience.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Been 10 years since we have won a NCAA tourney game and we have been to the tourney exactly once in that time frame.Patience is being tested.
We have a great coach with a proven track record. He has the best recruiting class in our history coming in next year.
We're 5-5 in his second season and our losses have been to very good teams. There's still a long way to go in this season and we'll get better.
It may not even reflect in the record, but we'll get better.
But it's going to be next year before we can realistically expect to be a tournament team.
I don't like it, but that's the way it is, so we might as well buckle our seat belts and support what coach has going.
He's making progress.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I don't see anyone being negative, I see people giving their opinion and discussing what they see going on with the team on a message board....which is perfectly fine. You don't have to be financially invested to do so.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
We have a great coach with a proven track record. He has the best recruiting class in our history coming in next year.
We're 5-5 in his second season and our losses have been to very good teams. There's still a long way to go in this season and we'll get better.
It may not even reflect in the record, but we'll get better.
But it's going to be next year before we can realistically expect to be a tournament team.
I don't like it, but that's the way it is, so we might as well buckle our seat belts and support what coach has going.
He's making progress.
Well said I agree.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I went to the game yesterday. We are just not playing 2 halves. We have poor leadership thus far. Coach Johnson is clearly very frustrated with the team. I still stand by the fact that we are more talented top to bottom, but we just have zero chemistry. We just have too many turnovers, and too many off balance shots to be effective on offense. We've played well enough in the 1st half against Texas to win and then the 2nd half against Clemson, but you don't win on one half. Our PG play has simply not been good. Donta who has been playing well touched the ball 2 times in the 1st half other than defensive rebounds. Hale is a black hole, He touches the ball and it goes up. It doesn't matter whether it is a good shot or not.

If we don't fix this, it is going to be a long conference schedule.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.