Question: Any of your favorite NFL teams looking at Bama players?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I always look forward to the draft to see these guys that have given so much to my alma mater and such joy to me as a football fan have their hard work pay off. This year we will have an insane first 2 rounds. Heck, even the top 10 may see 3-4 Crimson clad young men shake the commissioner's hand and get a big ol fat paycheck. Just wondering where folks think they may end up.

My favorite teams usually draft later so not sure I'll see any go to my teams and if they did it means their dropping badly so for their sake I hope my team can't draft them. Wishing them all the best.

Roll Tide

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...en-reuben-foster-mitch-trubisky?client=safari

Btw- no way Cam falls to Seattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
For some reason, the Broncos just don't go looking for Bama players. :-( There's always one or maybe two here at one time every few seasons but that's it really. We sure could use them on the defense and on the O-line. I would take LSU players. Except for Champ Bailey, the UGA players have not panned out. Knowshon was something of a disappointment.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Aside from the Packers, whom I naturally like, and the Cowboys, whom I detest, my favorite NFL teams are determined by the presence of former Bama players.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I always look forward to the draft to see these guys that have given so much to my alma mater and such joy to me as a football fan have their hard work pay off. This year we will have an insane first 2 rounds. Heck, even the top 10 may see 3-4 Crimson clad young men shake the commissioner's hand and get a big ol fat paycheck. Just wondering where folks think they may end up.

My favorite teams usually draft later so not sure I'll see any go to my teams and if they did it means their dropping badly so for their sake I hope my team can't draft them. Wishing them all the best.

Roll Tide

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...en-reuben-foster-mitch-trubisky?client=safari

Btw- no way Cam falls to Seattle.

That's what can be so discouraging about having highly-drafted players - they go to teams where they're never heard of again. And, if they bust, as Trent has so far, then everyone is on their back and say Saban's system doesn't work in the pros, and other such crap...

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I saw one mock draft with GB taking OJ Howard. That'd be great to see.

Another had the Titans loading up on Alabama defenders - Reuben and Marlon. But I don't think Marlon will go pro yet, and could see them drafting EJ.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
For some reason, the Broncos just don't go looking for Bama players. :-( There's always one or maybe two here at one time every few seasons but that's it really. We sure could use them on the defense and on the O-line. I would take LSU players. Except for Champ Bailey, the UGA players have not panned out. Knowshon was something of a disappointment.
I hear you there. Broncos are my favorite team but Elway never picks Bama for some reason. Can't say it was because of need because some have been real head scratchers.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I saw one mock draft with GB taking OJ Howard. That'd be great to see.

Another had the Titans loading up on Alabama defenders - Reuben and Marlon. But I don't think Marlon will go pro yet, and could see them drafting EJ.
The Giants need a pass catching TE more than any other team. That offense requires one, and they don't have one.

NFL football in Ohio is kinda sad.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I hear you there. Broncos are my favorite team but Elway never picks Bama for some reason. Can't say it was because of need because some have been real head scratchers.

The last Bama player I remember playing for the Broncos was Patrick Hape.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I pull for the Raiders and was tickled they drafted Coop. He's been worth the high draft pick and I'm happy for him personally to have been drafted by a team with a very young QB who appears (so far) to be on his way to being one of the NFL's best. I really wish the Raiders would have taken a chance on Derrick Henry. Murray has flashes of being very good but for someone as big as he is he goes down way too easy. The link has us picking 30th. I'd love to pick there because it means they went deep into the playoffs. My guess is they'll pick sooner than that and hopefully put Ken Norton Jr on the road. Absolutely pitiful DC. Thank goodness Del Rio stepped in and started having more of his hand in the defense. It's still not great, but serviceable considering we can't change scheme mid stream.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
As a Jets fan I think we'll be drafting a little too late for Jonathan Allen (that's also one of the only positions we have any talent) and probably too early for Cam Robinson or Tim Williams, but we'll see what happens in the pre draft process. I'd be happy with Robinson or Williams.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I am still holding out hope that Cleveland trades their pick or just doesn't pick Jonathan Allen.
Their needs are so great, it's hard to guess what they'll do. I'm sure Paul Brown is turning over in his grave, but he's been doing that so long, he probably has undead vertigo...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Their needs are so great, it's hard to guess what they'll do. I'm sure Paul Brown is turning over in his grave, but he's been doing that so long, he probably has undead vertigo...
Burn it to the ground and start from the ground up would be a start.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I've been bugged with the colts multiple times because of their propensity to draft the best offensive skill player available, ignoring all other needs. Last year I was ecstatic when they picked Ryan Kelly, and he hasn't disappointed. Actually the Oline has drastically improved over the season as he has developed. For next year I fully expect them to draft Dalvin Cook. That just seems like the most Ryan Grigson thing to do. (Colts incompetent GM, can't stand the guy, hope his next job is as an admin assistant for the assistant director of the Browns Janitorial staff.)

What I would love to see though is for them to bring in a defensive game changer. Even if it's not a Bama product. Someone in the front 7, preferably a lineback to replace an aging DQwell Jackson, who the defense can be built around. They are projected to be in the neighborhood of the 15th pick. While I doubt he falls that far, i hope Reuben Foster is still on the board. However, if he is and the colts pass on him, I will disavow the franchise and burn all of my apparel in almost a clevelandesque fashion. Too many draft picks have been wasted on mediocre offensive talent since Polian was canned.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I am still holding out hope that Cleveland trades their pick or just doesn't pick Jonathan Allen.
I've heard that they are super high on Garrett. That's what I would expect, either that or they add another mediocre qb in trubisky to the ever growing list of failed qb prospects in the dumpster fire that is their offense.

The alternative to that is that Allen then probably falls to the 49ers, which is almost as bad in my opinion.

Last edited:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
These projections amuse me. I heard one draft "expert" a couple of weeks ago say that this draft could very well have ZERO quarterbacks in the first round. This guy has 3?

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I dont know but its an oxymoron to me, Favorite NFL team. I gave up on the NFL years ago. I am happy for all the Bama players making it to the NFL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.