Rutgers running afoul of NCAA

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Impermissible recruiting contacts, failure to act on "positive" drug-tests, and the extension of inappropriate academic benefits, those are among seven possible NCAA rules violations committed by the Rutgers football program, according to an 18-month investigation.

The governing body sent the university a "Notice of Allegations" citing the alleged violations of NCAA bylaws in its athletic department, Rutgers announced Tuesday. Each of the seven violations concerns the Scarlet Knights football program.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...gers-football-7-possible-violations/95660464/

It appears there is a rogue running lose in the Squeaky Clean Big Ten. ;) Getting rid of coaches and the AD probably helped a lot with NCAA.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
(Movie voiceover guy who is dead):

In a world where the success of the many depends on the intrigue of a few......a rogue program....playing by their own rules....until.....illumination...

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Rutgers play football??? **blue font**
Actually, as all of us Scarlet Knight alums know, Rutgers played in the very first football game in history against cross state rival Princeton. Rutgers lost 7-6, thereby establishing a losing tradition that persists until today.

Given that they were probably the lousiest football team in Division 1 this year, they must have had help to be so bad while cheating. Did they hire Mike DuBose as a consultant?

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Actually, as all of us Scarlet Knight alums know, Rutgers played in the very first football game in history against cross state rival Princeton. Rutgers lost 7-6, thereby establishing a losing tradition that persists until today.

Given that they were probably the lousiest football team in Division 1 this year, they must have had help to be so bad while cheating. Did they hire Mike DuBose as a consultant?

Actually some random football fans knew that. I knew it and in fact won drinks for my table at a sports bar for being the only person in the bar/restaurant that knew it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Actually some random football fans knew that. I knew it and in fact won drinks for my table at a sports bar for being the only person in the bar/restaurant that knew it.

Shouldn't have counted since you're one of maybe five people left who attended that game (along with Verne Lundquist).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.