Planning Ahead for Tampa

Jgbama

Dec 18, 2016
The Villages, FL
Just joined the forum and look forward to participating with Bama fans!

Hoping the Tide takes care of business in Atlanta. We have reserved tickets and rooms for Tampa, since we live so close. Any other anxious Bama fans planning on Tampa?

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I bet Coach Saban isn't planning on Tampa and that is all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Have fun at the game if we end up going, which I'm confident we will. We are fans. We can look ahead if we want too. As long as CNS and the team isn't. :)
Heck, I'm a homer. The last few years I'm always thinking we are going to "kill" whatever team we are playing.

Last edited:

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
Have fun at the game if we end up going, which I'm confident we will. We are fans. We can look ahead if we want too. As long as CNS and the team isn't. :)
Heck, I'm a homer. The last few years I'm always thinking we are going to "kill" whatever team we are playing.
Not really a homer...for the most part that's been the reality! Roll Tide!

Of course, if you were like me and felt the same way when Mike Shula was HC, then, yeah, you're a homer! :)

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I have already bought plane tickets down and have cancelable rooms.

I never worry about tickets and just buy them at the market rate a few days before the game.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Just joined the forum and look forward to participating with Bama fans!

Hoping the Tide takes care of business in Atlanta. We have reserved tickets and rooms for Tampa, since we live so close. Any other anxious Bama fans planning on Tampa?
Welcome and good for you!

Don't let the "one game at a time" folks bring you down. Hope you have a great time!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Well, here's my take.

Last year as the wife and I sat in the airport in Arizona after the national championship we thought, "hey, let's take care of business but not jinx it."

So, we made reservations (that could be cancelled at no penalty 48 hours out.) The reservations were for

Atlanta (sec championship)
Atlanta (peach bowl)
Tampa (national championship).

After our last game this/next year, on the way home, we'll make the reservations for the appropriate locations for next years post season.

We won't get plane tickets as that is, in our opinion, a lil too cocky. This way were set, but if we don't make it, we cancel and no loss.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Well, here's my take.

Last year as the wife and I sat in the airport in Arizona after the national championship we thought, "hey, let's take care of business but not jinx it."

So, we made reservations (that could be cancelled at no penalty 48 hours out.) The reservations were for

Atlanta (sec championship)
Atlanta (peach bowl)
Tampa (national championship).

After our last game this/next year, on the way home, we'll make the reservations for the appropriate locations for next years post season.

We won't get plane tickets as that is, in our opinion, a lil too cocky. This way were set, but if we don't make it, we cancel and no loss.
I do the same thing every year since Pasadena. I had to scramble to get there and get hotels. I vowed never again. It's a heck of a lot easier to make the reservations and cancel them than to try to find a decent room 2-3 weeks out. Since I work for Delta I don't ever have to worry about the airfare. I don't see anything the least bit cocky about it. It's just good, smart planning. :)

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
We already have reservations (that we can cancel) in Redington Beach. Made them a few weeks ago.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
My friends book rooms and southwest flights to both Semifinal games and the NC site each year. They are all cancelable.

It's just cheaper and less stressful that way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.