Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) in Critical Condition - update: she has died

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Re: Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) in Critical Condition - Massive Heart Attack (has d

I always had a thing for Stevie Nicks when I was in high school in the Seventies. Carrie Fisher always reminded me of her. I gather a lot of other people saw that also....

But anyhow, RIP.....

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Re: Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) in Critical Condition - Massive Heart Attack (has d

Danggit....that sucks... :(

Let's not forget her performance in "When Harry Met Sally"....

One of my wife's favorite movies.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

The gold bikini will live long in the minds of eternal teenage boys like most of us on this site.

Roll Tide Princess, Roll Tide.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) in Critical Condition - Massive Heart Attack

Hollywood and politics.

Rock Hudson's sexual orientation was hidden from the public until he died. (My Mom insisted when she knew he had AIDS that she had known he was gay since some movie in 1969).

Nelson Rockefeller probably lost the 1964 GOP nomination because of his divorce given the times (more precisely - the fact his son was born the weekend prior to the California primary, which was the big one that year).

Mickey Rooney and Liz Taylor both changed spouses about as often as a hooker changes...

I didn't know until a few years ago that Tab Hunter was gay. And who would have bought James Dean as a bisexual back in the day?

Btw - one of my favorites was the old game show TattleTales, hosted by Bert Convy. I was a kid so I didn't understand, but it had married couples and some of the questions were a more highbrow version of "The Newlywed Game." Two gay actors were matched up as a couple - Dick Sargent (the second Darren on 'Bewitched') and Fannie Flagg.

Extra points to whichever production genius said, "Hey, let's match up Dick and Fannie!!!!"

And until January 20, we've only had one divorced President - ironically, it was Reagan, the champion of family values.
He engaged in unbelievably reckless behavior, considering what we know now, but it was the norm in the gay community at the time and greatly increased the early spread of the virus...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

He engaged in unbelievably reckless behavior, considering what we know now, but it was the norm in the gay community at the time and greatly increased the early spread of the virus...
Which one you speaking of? Rock I presume?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

so I tell my younger friends that no matter how I go, I want it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra.

-Carrie Fisher, Wishful Drinking
So today I'm sad as one of my favorite stars has drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Which one you speaking of? Rock I presume?
Yes. Should have bolded that part. He used to have young guys who come to the waiting room of his office and he'd come out and select one for casual sex. As I said, such was the norm back then...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Yes. Should have bolded that part. He used to have young guys who come to the waiting room of his office and he'd come out and select one for casual sex. As I said, such was the norm back then...
I never delved that deeply into that at the time, but I do vaguely recall hearing he was......well...promiscuous to say the least.

Hudson sticks out in memory (yes, even mine) because:
a) at the time AIDS was still viewed as "the gay disease"
b) Hudson's 'puff piece reputation' was a virile, straight guy
c) the press of the time reported his illness as AIDS
d) the press didn't 'really' even try to insinuate AT THE TIME that he was anything other than a straight guy (there was an article in "People" about two months before he died, but even though his sexuality was an 'open secret' in those final months, there was still the undercurrent of 'how did he get this')
e) my Mom, who never talked about such stuff, insisted he was known to like me (as it was put back then)

It wasn't that she had a cow over what he did so much as she was angry that in her view the press was perpetuating what they 'had' to know was a cover-up. Subsequent events proved her suspicion correct.

Another guy who was long rumored to have been flagrantly promiscuous about spreading AIDS was NASCAR driver Tim Richmond. I recall reading a comment from someone who said (paraphrasing here) that "we could have started a support group of AIDS victims from Tim Richmond just in the Charlotte area alone."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They also had him marry some woman who was some studio big shot's secretary back in the 1950s when they were afraid he was going to be outed.

I recall reading an article in People in the early 1980s about him mentioning he had been rumored to be gay but they shot those down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I hate this. Bless her heart, she did not age well at all. She did not take care of herself and had issues with drugs. This is what happens to people who ignore warning signs. She also took meds for bipolar disorder.

My ex-wife died of a heart attack on September 27, two days before her 60th birthday. She smoked, was obese, drank too much and had a family history of heart disease.

It amazes me how many people do not realize they are knocking at death's door when all they have to do is make a lifestyle change.

RIP Carrie Fisher. Thank you for your contribution ... and that bikini.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.