Trump Co Chairman of NY Campaign Wants Obama Dead

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
How many times have we seen kids bring up another kid's transgressions when he does wrong like Mo and others have done here (not saying MO did anything other than defend the indefensible)? How many times do the adults in the room have to point out to the young ones that the only thing that matters when little Timmy does wrong is what little Timmy did? I'm not playing some stupid left/right game in which I'm always the one that loses. I'm past being over that phase of my life.

As for connecting the man to Trump and the Republican party, it seems the Republican party and Trump did that all by themself. They can disassociate at any time they wish.
Btw, many many years ago I got a call from a guy who said he'd been accused and was looking for a way around the dilemma he found himself in.

I told him, "Just tell them you didn't inhale and everything will be all right."

And it was.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Fine save for the fact that:
a) when this objection is made it usually involves ADULTS in politics
b) when we're talking about things that involve prosecution (not here obviously) we have this mythical 'equal justice under the law' thing we aim for

And if the press actually even ATTEMPTED objectivity, there wouldn't be near so much defensiveness.

The press has concocted so many 'let's make this person look bad' stories that it has become easier to sympathize with the alleged scumbag (who might not be what the press tells us) than to actually believe the press got one right. And I say this again as someone who acknowledges the gorilla remark cannot reasonably be seen as anything other than a racist comment.
I completely get what you are saying. That said, this has been completely of Paladino's own making. He wasn't baited. No one stretched the meaning of his words. The media are not making a mountain out of the proverbial molehill this time.

Also, when prosecuting crimes we don't look for someone from each side to take down. We take it as it comes. That's how it should be anyway. That's "equality under the law". It doesn't always lead to equal numbers. Equality in opportunity. Equality in application of the law. Not equality in outcomes.

It's sad that we are talking about adults here. It is not lost on me that this is an older gentleman from another time. My dad is in his 80's and, God love him, he grew up in a different time and on the occasional time when he makes an offensive remark he doesn't realize how offensive it is. Old age brings out some of those things adults try to hold back over the years. Dementia doesn't help either and can turn the sweetest person mean. So I can say that this guy may have some things working against him. Then again, he may have been like this more or less his entire life. Who knows except those who best know him? Either way, the comments should be easy to condemn for what they are even if some sympathy is retained for the man who said them.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I completely get what you are saying. That said, this has been completely of Paladino's own making. He wasn't baited. No one stretched the meaning of his words. The media are not making a mountain out of the proverbial molehill this time.

Also, when prosecuting crimes we don't look for someone from each side to take down. We take it as it comes. That's how it should be anyway. That's "equality under the law". It doesn't always lead to equal numbers. Equality in opportunity. Equality in application of the law. Not equality in outcomes.

It's sad that we are talking about adults here. It is not lost on me that this is an older gentleman from another time. My dad is in his 80's and, God love him, he grew up in a different time and on the occasional time when he makes an offensive remark he doesn't realize how offensive it is. Old age brings out some of those things adults try to hold back over the years. Dementia doesn't help either and can turn the sweetest person mean. So I can say that this guy may have some things working against him. Then again, he may have been like this more or less his entire life. Who knows except those who best know him? Either way, the comments should be easy to condemn for what they are even if some sympathy is retained for the man who said them.
he's said some pretty nasty crap over the past few years.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

But now let me be plain spoken and forward......the man is in a POLITICAL position. Politics is ALWAYS evolving (is not gay marriage a GREAT example of that one?). The man should NOT be in politics if he doesn't understand MODERN politics.

And while I hate the press, you're right - he was NOT baited. This was NOT Connie Chung interviewing Newt Gingrich's mother and then torpedoing her.

We are about to find out if Trump REALLY is any sort of a good politician. The good ones cut their losses immediately and throw whomever overboard. The GREAT ones pull it off by reassigning the same person to something that gives them a job but takes them out of the public eye. Reagan's advisers, in particular, were usually phenomenal on this front.

Most of our Presidents - to be blunt about it - are sissies who lack fortitude when it comes to actually firing somebody. Gerald Ford was an intelligent guy, but he bumbled repeatedly and lacked the hammer blow to finish off people who embarrassed him (Earl Butz was the most notable example - more on him in a moment). Carter had the same problem. And Reagan, for all of his posing as a big, tough leader, stood by people like James Watt, Al Haig, Ed Meese, and Don Regan far too long before their removals (Meese resigned, Regan resigned because he was going to be fired). Clinton, too, could hardly be roused to blow anyone up with one notable exception - if it was going to hurt his popularity to keep someone on, he fired them (Jocelyn Elders was every bit as extreme a nutbag prior to the comments that got her fired.....he fired her because he'd just gotten creamed in the mid-terms).

We just don't have many guys anymore who will be as ruthless as is sometimes necessary when it comes to sending embarrassments packing.

(And I'm sitting here thinking, "And Trump is going to channel his old TV persona and make the wrong kind of spectacle out of 'you're fired.'" Just watch).

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Racist Nutcase Might be gone!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-boot-carl-paladino-resigns-article-1.2928100

[FONT=&quot]Board members voted 6-2 Thursday to give Carl Paladino 24 hours to resign his seat or they will seek his ouster over inflammatory remarks he made about President Obama and his wife.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“These unambiguously racist, morally repugnant, flagrantly disrespectful, inflammatory and inexcusable comments by Mr. Paladino have garnered both local, national, and international attention that reflects negatively on the Buffalo Board of Education, the City of Buffalo and its leadership and its citizens,” school board member Hope Jay said, reading from the resolution.

State law allows the commissioner to remove elected school officers for willful misconduct or neglect of duty, but only after the Education Department receives a formal application for removal and a hearing is held.[/FONT]

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Racist Nutcase Might be gone!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-boot-carl-paladino-resigns-article-1.2928100

Board members voted 6-2 Thursday to give Carl Paladino 24 hours to resign his seat or they will seek his ouster over inflammatory remarks he made about President Obama and his wife.
“These unambiguously racist, morally repugnant, flagrantly disrespectful, inflammatory and inexcusable comments by Mr. Paladino have garnered ***both*** local, national, and international attention that reflects negatively on the Buffalo Board of Education, the City of Buffalo and its leadership and its citizens,” school board member Hope Jay said, reading from the resolution.

State law allows the commissioner to remove elected school officers for willful misconduct or neglect of duty, but only after the Education Department receives a formal application for removal and a hearing is held.
I hate to be the one to say it, but so does the poor grammar.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I fondly remember the days when some guy saying stupid crap was just that. Today it is a reason for everyone to lose their mind and condemn anyone that they know or ever have known for being associated. I have many friends who drink and even a few who smoke weed. I smoke nothing and I drink no alcoholic beverages. People can actually have friends that they don't agree with. Once upon a time you could even remain friends in public.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I fondly remember the days when some guy saying stupid crap was just that. Today it is a reason for everyone to lose their mind and condemn anyone that they know or ever have known for being associated. I have many friends who drink and even a few who smoke weed. I smoke nothing and I drink no alcoholic beverages. People can actually have friends that they don't agree with. Once upon a time you could even remain friends in public.

The difference here though Wayne, is we are talking about the political climate plus the media breathing down everyone's neck and hoping to stir the pot at every opportunity.

Like a bunch of jackals!

That said - this pinhead said some very stupid stuff and I don't mind if he got called for it. But saying this is Trump's doing? Now that is just as stupid, IMHO.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So, your point is......we're supposed to be his friends? :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.