Merry Christmas to all my Tide friends

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord!

Merry Christmas, Peace on Earth, and Roll Tide Roll!!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My wife gets me. Merry Christmas. Got me all 3 of the "big 3" among quads. St. Bernardus abt 12, Rochefort 10 and what many consider the holy grail, Westvleteren XII.
our friend at the beer girl threw this in with our holiday wine/beer as a gift last week. i'm not that familiar with beligans, but am looking forward to giving this a try

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
our friend at the beer girl threw this in with our holiday wine/beer as a gift last week. i'm not that familiar with beligans, but am looking forward to giving this a try
I drink a ton of Belgian beer and have had a few from that very brewery, but I haven't had that one. Let me know how it is.

(EDIT:In fact, everything in my picture to the right of that Dragon's Milk is Belgian. Three of them - the Westmalle, Rochefort and Westvleteren - are Trappist ales brewed in monstaries by monks.)

Looking at the reviews, that looks like one that could benefit from a few years in the cellar. BSDAs like that tend to age well.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
The Westmalle is one of the best beers in the world. Also costs $10 a bottle.
I've never paid more than $6 for either the dubbel or the tripel. Their tripel is probably the best I've had in the style. What I have in the pic is their dubbel and it is world class, but I would rank Chimay's dubbel, the red, ahead of it. The red is cheaper too. 4 12 oz bottles for 19ish around here.

The three quads are better beers IMO. A good argument could be made that they are the best on earth. The monks at St. Sixtus, the ones that make the Westvleteren, do use Westmalle yeast though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.