Question: Who Would You Like To See Run For President?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Just an open question. You don't even have to agree with them on everything or even anything.

I know the left has it really bad for Elizabeth Warren, but I hasten to add....she will be 71 years old during the 2020 race. And I can understand why the right thinks a seasoned Marco Rubio could have a shot in 2024 (he would turn 53 during the race, a year older than Carter and younger than GW Bush when each was inaugurated). FTR - Pence is currently 57, but I suspect his only chance of ever being President is if Trump is removed (one way or the other - the death of a 70-plus year old person via natural causes is not exactly a surprise).

Tim Kaine did not strike me as overly exciting a candidate, either. I don't see Biden or Sanders (both late 70s) as candidates, either.

I honestly don't have anyone I sit here and say, "That would be an interesting candidate." I thought Walker had a shot early last year because of the hub-bub in Wisconsin, but he imploded. And with me - like most folks - it'***** or miss. I correctly projected the choice of Palin AND Biden in 2008 as well as Kaine in 2016. I also correctly saw that Hillary would NOT win the 2008 nomination while McCain would but.....on the flip side, I also picked John Edwards to be the 2008 nominee, thought Bill Bradley would give Gore more of a run in 2000, and was wrong on Trump too many times to count in 2016.

There's usually a 'name' out there the press is pushing. It was Obama in 2004 and even Bill Clinton in 1988 (they also pushed NJ Governor Tom Kean in 1988 on the GOP side). But other than the ridiculous narrative of Michelle Obama running (which is as ridiculous as yours truly running), I'm not aware of much.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Just an open question. You don't even have to agree with them on everything or even anything.

I know the left has it really bad for Elizabeth Warren, but I hasten to add....she will be 71 years old during the 2020 race. And I can understand why the right thinks a seasoned Marco Rubio could have a shot in 2024 (he would turn 53 during the race, a year older than Carter and younger than GW Bush when each was inaugurated). FTR - Pence is currently 57, but I suspect his only chance of ever being President is if Trump is removed (one way or the other - the death of a 70-plus year old person via natural causes is not exactly a surprise).

Tim Kaine did not strike me as overly exciting a candidate, either. I don't see Biden or Sanders (both late 70s) as candidates, either.

I honestly don't have anyone I sit here and say, "That would be an interesting candidate." I thought Walker had a shot early last year because of the hub-bub in Wisconsin, but he imploded. And with me - like most folks - it'***** or miss. I correctly projected the choice of Palin AND Biden in 2008 as well as Kaine in 2016. I also correctly saw that Hillary would NOT win the 2008 nomination while McCain would but.....on the flip side, I also picked John Edwards to be the 2008 nominee, thought Bill Bradley would give Gore more of a run in 2000, and was wrong on Trump too many times to count in 2016.

There's usually a 'name' out there the press is pushing. It was Obama in 2004 and even Bill Clinton in 1988 (they also pushed NJ Governor Tom Kean in 1988 on the GOP side). But other than the ridiculous narrative of Michelle Obama running (which is as ridiculous as yours truly running), I'm not aware of much.
Im going to go ahead and say that Donald Trump wont be running in 2020. I really think he wasn't serious about winning, but with the regressive left sinking their own campaign, I think it was more or less a real possibility at the end. But I think he is a one termer that basically gets bored with a set agenda. So I think the Republicans will rally around Pence in 2020.

As for the Dems... That would be incredibly stupid in choosing Warren because they will be a 1 and done presidency as well, and the fact Warren is a windbag will come back to bite them. Im thinking its going to be someone in the 45-65 range with very little baggage. But if Ellison gets DNC chairman Im not liking my chances in a non trump election if I am a democratic voter. I will say I see the Republicans holding the WH in 2020 if Trump doesn't run

As far as who I want to run... GOP I would say a Pence/ Rubio ticket. If Im a democrat Im looking at something like a Cuomo/ Cory Booker kinda ticket in which you have a strong man for the Party and a good backup.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.