News Article: Peach Bowl Activities for Alabama and Washington Mon.-Wed.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Umm.. Guys you know the players play basketball a lot on the campus. They do lot of stuff that many of you wouldn't approve of :)

They will be fine. Let them have fun and enjoy the trip.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Umm.. Guys you know the players play basketball a lot on the campus. They do lot of stuff that many of you wouldn't approve of :)

I agree to a certain extent. But the time to have fun is after they win the NC in January in Tampa.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
I agree to a certain extent. But the time to have fun is after they win the NC in January in Tampa.
Well, every bowl has many fun events for the teams to participate in prior to the game, amusement parks, bowling, friendly competition, local culture/heritage events etc. It shouldn't affect their focus. As for basketball, I'm sure it's probably some type of skills challenge or amusement park type hoop shoot contest, not a full blown basketball game.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Our players are on a 'Business Trip' to Atlanta. I'd much prefer we save any partying till we have something to party about. We don't need even minor injuries...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Our players are on a 'Business Trip' to Atlanta. I'd much prefer we save any partying till we have something to party about. We don't need even minor injuries...
but they're not partying... They've been doing this for years... only thing difference is that they have 3 days this year.. compared to last few years where they had whole week. I still don't understand why it's an issue for most of you...

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I posted this on another thread. Hope the activities are much more engaging than the arrival.

Interesting arrival here today in Atlanta. I must say I'm very surprised. No fanfare at all. A couple of bowl representatives with a small carpet that the bowl reps immediately rolled up as soon as the last player walked across it. No press, no ATL media, no ESPN, nothing. Pretty much like a regular game with decorated buses, that's all. Then again, Coach Saban was probably 100% happy with this type arrival. :wink:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I posted this on another thread. Hope the activities are much more engaging than the arrival.

Interesting arrival here today in Atlanta. I must say I'm very surprised. No fanfare at all. A couple of bowl representatives with a small carpet that the bowl reps immediately rolled up as soon as the last player walked across it. No press, no ATL media, no ESPN, nothing. Pretty much like a regular game with decorated buses, that's all. Then again, Coach Saban was probably 100% happy with this type arrival. :wink:
The teams are at Mario Andretti Kart Racing tonight in Marietta. Right now Washington is there until 7:30, then Bama is there from 8:30 to 10:30. I just saw the video of Washington walking in on the Mario Andretti site from Facebook. Their site says the adult track is booked tonight but the entire place is not closed. I may try to go there later to see BAMA walk in :)

bamawind

Scout Team
Sep 23, 2006
Any chance of where they are staying or what time they will be at Hall of Fame. I live in North Georgia and my 10 year old son wants sighting.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Any chance of where they are staying or what time they will be at Hall of Fame. I live in North Georgia and my 10 year old son wants sighting.
t
They are at the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta. Hall of fame is Wednesday but not sure what time. They are also going to children's hospitals that day. They could be going to hall of fame after hours but the article didn't say.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
My grandson played most of the season with a dislocated shoulder and underwent surgery at Scottish Rite today. He will be one of the patients visited tomorrow.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.