ADMIN NOTE: Merry Christmas to all TideFans!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
(I was traveling most of the day (and night) yesterday so didn't get a chance to post a "Merry Christmas" message but I'm taking that opportunity now to do so.)

First, I'm thankful that 2016 will go out with Alabama meeting Washington in the CFP playoff game. We're in it for the third consecutive year and hopefully will be defending our championship!

I'm thankful that I lived during Coach Bryant era - albeit during the last 10 years of his reign - but I experienced a national championship as a kid and remember that excitement.

I'm thankful that I was a junior at Alabama during the 1992 championship and experienced the Coach Stallings years as a college kid. (I'm glad I only had to experience one Bill Scurry year as a student!). I attended the Sugar Bowl and almost every game (home and away) that 1992 season and return to greatness. Magical!

I'm even thankful that I lived through our 10-years of roaming in the wilderness with all the Dennis's and Mikes. May we never do that again. But it has made me even more appreciative of the last 10 years .

We were fortunate on TideFans to be among the first to learn of Alabama's pursuit of Nick Saban. Many friends (and foes) scoffed that this might be possible, but we knew what was happening. Thankfully we had two GREAT men in Coach Mal Moore and President Dr. Robert Witt leading this effort and they made it happen.

I am thankful that Coach Saban demands excellence in everything he does. I'm thankful for The Process, the doggedness in recruiting, in accountability, in not being beholden to "what we did before," and his insistence of playing to our standards rather than the opponents.

I am thankful that my 5 & 10 year old daughters know the meaning of Roll Tide!, that they scoff at anything blue/orange or Awburn-related :D, that they know the words to the fight song, that they love watching Alabama games, and that they are sad when seasons end. I'm thankful that my 10yr old is the only girl at her school playing fantasy football with her friends... and is beating them all! I'm thankful that as good as she is at fantasy football, she's even better at her academics and musical pursuits and athletics. I'm blessed.

I'm thankful that my wife grew up in an Alabama HS HOF coach's house and knows even more about football strategy than I do. I'm thankful she grew up watching Friday night's game film on Saturdays with her Dad. I'm thankful that when we bought our house she insisted on getting a HD big screen so we could watch football games together. Again, I'm blessed.

And I'm thankful and blessed that nearly 20 years ago, I started a little site called "BamaNation" that became "TideFans.com" and that you all have stuck with us, encouraged us, scolded us, inspired us, and shared us with your friends and family to help us become what we all are together.

Finally, I'm thankful and grateful for for our site administrators and moderators who do yeomen's work to make TideFans function and flow, and to TIDE-HSV and crimsonaudio - especially - for their continued dedication and pursuit of excellence for this site.

You all keep me motivated to bring to you the best site with the most content possible.

Thank you, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year 2017!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
A Merry Crimble to you, your family and all Tidefans wherever they are. I lucked on to this site many years ago and have been amazed how other fan sites are poor replicas of Tidefans. Some fan sites are just dreadful. Thanks to all involved for the great work by all involved.

I'm looking forward to 2017 in the hopes that it will be way better than 2016 which has been awful, except for being National Champions again. I have real concerns for this nation with the incoming administration. I truly hope I am proven wrong. That notwithstanding, I wish all members a truly wonderful 2017.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Brett...that was outstanding.....thank you for such a detailed expression of your feelings - especially fitting for this time of year.

Congrats on doing so much for all fans of the sport and for society in raising your 2 little girls right.

The older we get....the more important it is to be thankful for what we have.

Indeed there is much to be thankful for for all of us.

Looking forward to cheering on the Crimson Tide with you, as we move forward in the process!

:p

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.