ADMIN NOTE: Site upgrade COMPLETED ***UPDATE 12/29 @ noon ***

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Re: Site upgrade in progress (12/27 & 12/28) ***UPDATE***

FYI, Firefox 50.1.0, cant "Like" or "Thank" posts and also cant add emoji's such as :eek: unless manually keyed in

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

I haven't been able to post any links or videos, "bold option", or quotes. Any guess as to when it'll be back?
I hope not long, but the heavy lifting is going on right now...
still working on all the nitty gritty details. Some of the api calls we used can't be called from within the SSL framework so having to do some updates on those. Stay tuned.
FYI, Firefox 50.1.0, cant "Like" or "Thank" posts and also cant add emoji's such as :eek: unless manually keyed in
I still get a blank posting field no emoji's, or anything, Chrome or firefox. I'll keep checking back

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

yep - I'll let yall know when I think it is fixed or what the workaround might be. Again, some of this may be "unfixable" given the environment and changes to browsers and standards. Working to get as much back to "normal" as possible but some things just may no longer work due to the updated security standards being imposed.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

There are some scripts that are still referencing the HTTP connection which will cause some issues with the site...

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

There are some scripts that are still referencing the HTTP connection which will cause some issues with the site...
Yep - squashing them one at a time. Down to 4Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Losing formatting when quoting and posting, but at least the spacebar works! :) **Empty lines should appear above and below this line.***Testing the return button for formatting on a post without quoting.***See if it works when editing.***

Last edited by a moderator:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

In case you are not aware, the mobile site is a mess.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I cannot see past the first page of any thread. I have no idea if this has already been addressed because again I cannot see past the first page of any thread on my phone. There is no option to select next page or anything. At least on my phone there isn't. I currently do not have access to a computer.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Ok thanks. Haven't got to it yet but will soon. Could be in morning. The non-mobile should be about 99.2% SSL compliant now :)

One remaining issue has to do with use of tapatalk app emojis. Still working to get those compliant but I think we are mostly there.

So, I will begin working on the mobile site and will expect to be fully compliant tomorrow.

Thanks again for the patience and support through this process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Ok thanks. Haven't got to it yet but will soon. Could be in morning. The non-mobile should be about 99.2% SSL compliant now :) One remaining issue has to do with use of tapatalk app emojis. Still working to get those compliant but I think we are mostly there.So, I will begin working on the mobile site and will expect to be fully compliant tomorrow. Thanks again for the patience and support through this process! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank y'all for making this place available to us and working so hard to make it run smoothly!

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Thanks for all the feedback and support. I believe I have solved all of the small issues on the main forum templates and the front pages/articles.

I am now working on the mobile template. I will make another post when I think I have things fixed and ask you mobile folks to test.

If you are using tapatalk (or if you're viewing this on a computer and someone has posted from tapatalk) there is still a chance it will try to pull a non-SSL compliant image. This should be cleared up via a cache refresh over the next 24-36 hours. Otherwise, if you get any errors, please let me know!

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Re: Site upgrade in progress (12/27 - 12/29) ***UPDATE COMPLETE 12/29 @ noon CT ***

OK - I believe everything is back in order now.

A few minor remaining issues exist but only in specific instances:

1) INSECURE OR MIXED CONTENT WARNINGS: You may still get some warnings in your browser bar about "insecure" or "mixed-content". However, after a few hours of testing everything I believe these are only related to the tapatalk browser post cache (where people have posted using tapatalk app) and will resolve themselves after a few hours.

2) REDIRECT ISSUE: There is still one little redirect issue as of right now that I will correct (if you type in tidefans.com/forums or something similar, it still doesn't redirect to https://www.tidefans.com/forums but this will be fixed very soon.

3) MOBILE VERSION: The mobile version is fixed (but may have a minor bug). If you're using a mobile browser on the site, click on the right arrow beside each thread to open it. (there is a bug that might prevent just clicking on the thread title) - working to see if we can resolve that.

Otherwise, I will continue to test everything and lots of combinations of browsers, etc over the coming days. If you have any issues, please clear your browser cache and refresh.

Please post any continuing issues here with specifics.

thanks for your patience as we've gone through these changes over the last few days. As I mentioned in the first post, it was necessary and should provide for a much better site experience with the coming browser changes in 2017!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: Site upgrade in progress (12/27 - 12/29) ***UPDATE COMPLETE 12/29 @ noon CT ***

Thanks again for all you do! I love this place!

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

=
OK - I believe everything is back in order now.

A few minor remaining issues exist but only in specific instances:

1) INSECURE OR MIXED CONTENT WARNINGS: You may still get some warnings in your browser bar about "insecure" or "mixed-content". However, after a few hours of testing everything I believe these are only related to the tapatalk browser post cache (where people have posted using tapatalk app) and will resolve themselves after a few hours.

2) REDIRECT ISSUE: There is still one little redirect issue as of right now that I will correct (if you type in tidefans.com/forums or something similar, it still doesn't redirect to https://www.tidefans.com/forums but this will be fixed very soon.

3) MOBILE VERSION: The mobile version is fixed (but may have a minor bug). If you're using a mobile browser on the site, click on the right arrow beside each thread to open it. (there is a bug that might prevent just clicking on the thread title) - working to see if we can resolve that.

Otherwise, I will continue to test everything and lots of combinations of browsers, etc over the coming days. If you have any issues, please clear your browser cache and refresh.

Please post any continuing issues here with specifics.

thanks for your patience as we've gone through these changes over the last few days. As I mentioned in the first post, it was necessary and should provide for a much better site experience with the coming browser changes in 2017!
Thanks everything is running great, even on the NS board where things can get a little "hinky" sometimes! :smile:

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007

Thanks for being Awesome!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.