BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
***UPDATED 12/29 @ NOON***

Site update is now complete. See my post in this thread below

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279095&p=2954826&viewfull=1#post2954826

Hey everyone.

We are doing a site upgrade starting today so that the entire site will now be a secure site using SSL (you will see the security lock in your browser).

This no doubt will break some things but we will fix them as we find them. The upshot is that google, beginning in January, will be showing warnings for any site that isn't secure ... and we won't be among that group! The downside is that you may experience a hiccup or two over the next couple of days as we make sure everything is working.

Thanks for your patience as we continue to upgrade the site for you!

ROLL TIDE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Did TideFan Install a new Theme?

Moderators,
Upon accessing our URL today, I was redirected to a site showing some Tidefans boards but the view was very different, with a statement that I could easily change the view by accessing option. The "recruiting tab" was missing (it had football, basketball, home and xtra tabs) and this omission led me to believe that the site was a hoax. Are you changing?

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Re: Did TideFan tall a new Theme?

Moderators,
Upon accessing our URL today, I was redirected to a site showing some Tidefans boards, with a statement that I could easily change the view by accessing option. The "recruiting tab" was missing (it had football, basketball, home and xtra tabs) and this omission led me to believe that the site was a hoax. Are you changing?
It could be the "Site Update In Progress".

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Did TideFan Install a new Theme?

Moderators,
Upon accessing our URL today, I was redirected to a site showing some Tidefans boards but the view was very different, with a statement that I could easily change the view by accessing option. The "recruiting tab" was missing (it had football, basketball, home and xtra tabs) and this omission led me to believe that the site was a hoax. Are you changing?
I just looked and all was in order. The only thing I've noticed was that it stuck about a dozen of Jess's old articles, which I had to go through, one by one, and unstick...

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

do you have a screenshot or can you reproduce again? did you type in the link or did you click on a favorites, etc (I'm trying to determine if you mistyped or something). It's always possible that you'll get an anomoly. We serve millions of pages per month, so a few are going to go rogue, sometimes. Could have also been a hiccup in your connection.

the changes are being worked on but I'm not sure that anything that we were changing affected you. As I always tell my students: Never trust technology :D

Moderators,

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Actually let me modify what I just posted. Yes, it could have been caused by the updates which are now in progress. We're starting with the news.tidefans.com site (front page & articles). Earle's note alerted me to this so i've deleted all the duplicate Jess article posts.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

UPDATE 12/28/16 5am:

We have updated the front page and articles (all WordPress-based) on the news.tidefans.com server so that it should be totally SSL-compliant now. This means you should see the security lock in the url bar on your browser. It is possible that we missed something somewhere, so if you get any mixed-content warnings, please send me a PM with the specific page details and a screenshot if you can.

We are beginning the switch on the forums this morning. You'll most likely see some weird things until we're finished. This could include security warnings, mixed content errors, internal site (i.e. clicking on a different board or post) links that work but give strange results (non-formatted, partially formatted, etc).

Thanks as always for your patience and support!

RTR
Brett

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

while we're "work in progress" today, if you click on a forum link that takes you to a weirdly formatted page, just go to http://tidefans.com/forums and it should get straightened out. Once we're fully updated all http:// site pages will become https:// ... Links from the news.tidefans.com will already do that. Forum server is in progress of switching.

BearlyDoug

REGISTRATION ON HOLD - CHECK EMAIL
Sep 27, 2013
Re: Site upgrade in progress (12/27 & 12/28) ***UPDATE***

Just to give y'all grief...

Woo Pig Sooie and all that jazz. ;)

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

still working on all the nitty gritty details. Some of the api calls we used can't be called from within the SSL framework so having to do some updates on those. Stay tuned.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

I hope not long, but the heavy lifting is going on right now...
I went to the site and my screen looked weird and the computer stated talking to me. Here's a screen grab. Is this from the maintenance? I'm kinda starting to freak out.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

still working on all the nitty gritty details. Some of the api calls we used can't be called from within the SSL framework so having to do some updates on those. Stay tuned.
Note that presently reply with quotes works if you click in twice. trying to see if there is a solution. A lot of this is related to newest browser issues and the introduction of some of the security checks now being done by google and chrome (which predicated our move to SSL). We'll get them fixed or provide workarounds for you ... hang tight and thanks for your patience!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.